|Job Type:||Full Time|
Support Engineer for Azure Big Data for Azure Rapid Response Customers
Location: PORTUGAL, JORDAN, ROMANIA, UK
When was the last time you got in on the ground floor of a new technology - no, strike that, a new field? We’re expanding the team chartered with creating and delivering a new support experience for customers working in Data and Artificial Intelligence. We need people who love helping customers solve tough problems; people who can develop processes and systems that ensure success for our customers and our team; and those who can thrive in ambiguity (who knows what types of challenges and problems we’ll encounter). Sound fun? Challenging? Tough? If that appeals to you *and* you work well in a team, then we want to hear from you!
1. Represent Microsoft and communicate with corporate customers via telephone, written correspondence, or electronic service to provide in-depth technical support for complex escalated problems identified in Microsoft software products or services and manage relationships with those customers. Occasionally, these problems will not only be technically complex, but will be politically charged situations requiring the highest level of customer focus skills.
2. Provide advanced troubleshooting to analyse problems and develop solutions to meet customer needs.
3. Receive escalated, technically complex mission critical or politically hot customer issues, and maintain ownership of issue until resolved completely.
4. Maintain strong working knowledge of products and report software bugs and customer product enhancements to the Product Group.
5. May act as technical focal point in cooperative relationships with other companies.
6. Determine the best approach for resolving complex technical issues that will yield the desired turn-around time and optimal customer solution while minimizing the impact to the customer.
7. Engage and collaborate with other Microsoft groups, including escalation teams and the R&D Team, and 3rd party support partner (Open Source), in gaining resolution to critical, complex issues.
8. Provide exceptional customer service in politically charged environments.
9. Create advanced online technical content including Knowledge Base articles, training documents, blogs, etc., as needed to help enhance our CSS Front of Funnel strategy and drive one-to-many customer and partner impact.
10. Maintain strong working knowledge of all related products, technologies and upcoming releases. Take proactive ownership in identifying and recommending product improvements in key product areas based on key data points.
11. Present technical content to various audiences including customers, partners, and internal stakeholders.
12. Provide consulting services to partners and customers to increase product market share.
13. This job may require you to cover weekend shift from time to time as part of a team rota, and working hours might be 9:00-18:00 or 10:00-19:00.
English Language: fluent in reading, writing and speaking.
Benefits of working at Microsoft:
Microsoft values different life experiences and viewpoints. We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and encourage them to take risks and approach challenges unconventionally. We will invest in your health and financial future and encourage you to pursue your interests and passions away from the office. Our products and technologies help you balance life away from the office and enable you to manage your schedule efficiently.
We take your career seriously at Microsoft and will ensure that we provide regular reviews throughout the year to offer continuous feedback and support to inspire you, develop your skills and ensure your personal satisfaction and growth. The Microsoft performance philosophy recognizes higher performance with bigger rewards through a formal annual performance review.
1. Adaptability, flexibility and the ability to do the right thing under pressure and tight deadlines.
2. Great interpersonal and communication skills-both oral and written-and success in partnering with groups inside and outside of Microsoft.
3. A self-motivated and independent thinker that shows initiative and routinely translates circumstances and understanding into actions that move the business forward in a measurable manner.
4. Ability to distil, prioritize and act on feedback from a variety of sources.
5. Conviction and courage to drive decisions and defend positions as appropriate.
6. Strong customer service skills, accurate and logical problem solving, and communication skills, plus the ability to excel in a team environment is essential
7. Strong troubleshooting skills of complex technical issues involving multiple technologies
8. Collaborative and inclusive mindset
9. Ability to handle high pressure situations well, while maintaining calm and composure in stressful situations is a must.
10. Strong ability to lead, perform, and deliver results in high pressure situations with multiple parties involved
11. Ability to handle multiple customer issues and effectively balance your priority need.
12. Bachelor’s degree or higher in any STEM related field that has a significant computing element.
Group 1 – BD CDB
1. Experience in any RDBMS or an understanding of general RDBMS concepts would be considered a plus.
2. Experience with any NoSQL database systems like Mongo DB, Cassandra DB, etc.
3. A preferred candidate would have some knowledge of the Microsoft Azure Eco system with a focus on Azure Cosmos DB and/or Azure Data Explorer.
Group 2 – BD DM
1. An understanding and experience of any ETL type system.
2. Experience in any RDBMS or an understanding of general RDBMS concepts would be considered a plus.
3. The ability to write efficient SQL queries.
4. An understanding of general networking principles.
5. A preferred candidate would have some knowledge of the Microsoft Azure Eco system with a focus on Azure Data Factory and Azure Stream Analytics.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.