|Job Type:||Full Time|
About J.P. Morgan Treasury Services
J.P. Morgan's TS business is a full-service provider of innovative payments, cash management, trade, liquidity, commercial card, and escrow services.
About the Team
This specific Payments Transformation Team is responsible for Payments Transformation for Treasury Services. Modernising our Payments platforms by rolling out the new GPS payments architecture globally is core to our long-term strategy. GPS is ground breaking and challenging and is one of the most important programmes within the Corporate and Investment Bank at JP Morgan.
This is a rare and fantastic opportunity to influence the hugely important Payments landscape at JP Morgan. We want talented people to join an exciting team of professionals who are creating a stronger, safer, cutting-edge world of wholesale payments at JP Morgan.
About the Position
Working within an agile ‘pod’ structure comprising of Product, Operations, Technology and UAT representatives, a Project coordinator is the glue that holds the pod together acting as the Project Manager/Scrum Master and managing the execution of all the tasks required for successful completion of the project.
This role involves (but is not limited to) the following responsibilities:
- Managing Product Backlog
- Ownership and responsibility of conducting the daily scrum call
- Sprint execution ownership – define scope and track execution across cross functional teams
- Risks and Issues management – understanding dependencies and calling out the risks and mitigating them throughout the project lifecycle
- Project status reporting through formal updates / score cards etc.
- Host various management update calls including Delivery Working Group
- Project planning factoring in the resourcing and velocity to achieve the target milestones
- Planning the end to end deliverables across multiple cross functional teams including partner apps, Testing teams and external clearings
- Conduct retrospectives and facilitate sharing of best practices across multiple workstreams
- Devise a transition process to ensure that Operations, Technology and Service can seamlessly move to their respective target state models
- Arrange walk through and training sessions to update stakeholders and user groups
- Facilitate defect analysis and prioritisation
Key Skills / Experience
- Project Management skills and experience of working in a complex project with multiple stakeholders across geographies is a must
- Payments processing domain knowledge highly preferred
- Understanding of the Agile methodology and experience of using JIRA, Visio and MS Office
- Ability to build partnerships and work in a collaborative team environment
- Creative problem solver, capable of developing innovative and differentiated solutions
Personal Proficiency Requirements
- Analytical skills and attention to detail in written documentation
- Self-motivated, driven to learn and to achieve targets and deliverables
- Relationship building and influencing skills
- Organisational skills and time management
- Communication and presentation skills
Development opportunities with this role
- Significant global and regional networking opportunities
- Gain experience of state-of-the-art banking payment products
- Enhance your career in a critical program environment
- Be coached and supported by a large team
The role is aligned to a strategic program and provides a strong platform for a career in Product and other partner roles.