|Job Type:||Full Time|
The IBOR team, specifically, provides a single, accurate investment portfolio upon which to base investment activities around and is the basis for multiple, dynamic views of positions for front-office functions. IBOR is not simply a data repository supporting the investment function though, it is a processing engine capable of reflecting essentially every type of business event affecting the investment portfolio and is capable of processing these changes as they occur, no matter what their source.
Ultimately, it is the key responsibility of the IBOR team to provide premier service delivery and ensure the accurate and timely delivery of the IBOR to our end clients. Additionally, the IBOR service delivery team liaises with our clients, and / or any associated financial organisations as required, to ensure any issues are resolved to the client’s satisfaction.
Role & Responsibilities:
The role focuses specifically on Investment Middle Office Services (IMOS) Investment Book of Record (IBOR)
– Be a point of contact within the Global/Regional IBOR team for a client, or clients, and internal partners to build strong relationships in order to support key interactions and continued premier service delivery
– Participate and lead, where required, in client service reviews and other client meetings
– Ownership and/or oversight of the various components of the daily operational activities essential to the construction and delivery of client reporting (IBOR)
– Be a communication source for escalation of issues, service updates, and progress updates for the Client or across internal partners.
– Seek opportunities and take ownership of initiatives to improve service levels and improved efficiency for J.P. Morgan and the Client
– Maintain robust standard operating policies (SOPs), procedures and guidelines to meet corporate risk and control standards and principles
– Ownership and/or active participation of key projects or tasks to ensure the continued IMOS global strategy is maintained as required.
– Build solid and interactive internal relationships with our global operations partners, client service and other products, including Front Office, Performance & Risk, and Compliance teams
– Work with management to achieve 100% timeliness and accuracy and seamless integration in a ‘follow the sun’ model
– Ability to communicate effectively across multiple levels of the organization
– Ability to work cross functionally with technology, service, product and other operations teams to manage the entire IBOR service delivery
– Oversight and ownership, where necessary, of Reconciliations and transaction lifecycle management
To be successful, you will need:
– Demonstrated leadership experience across process, risk and control within Investment Operations (preferably, but not necessarily, Middle Office), including managing change.
– Excellent client facing skills & communication style, comfortable dealing with key clients
– Proven ability to lead teams across multiple locations
– Extensive understanding of OTC instruments / Exchange Traded Derivatives / Fixed Income Securities / Equity products and other financial instruments
– Attested track record of successfully working to deadlines, with accountability and responsibility for independent workload
– Experience of Investment Operations (Trades, Cash and Reconciliations)
– Experience of Reconciliations and transaction lifecycle management
– Excellent problem solving skills to identify, understand and address operational and technical issues
– Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to develop relationships across the various stakeholders including senior business executives
– Ability to be flexible, follow and meet tight deadlines, organize and prioritize work and meet the clients expectations
– Self-starter with ability to learn quicklyJ.P. Morgan is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion