|Job Type:||Full Time|
This position will support ongoing Global Wealth Management Private Banking Technology initiatives in Fraud mitigation program (Fraud Connect). As a Lead Application Developer, you will be responsible for the development and management of small to large, complex projects using the departments preferred, mature (3rd & 4th generation) programming methodologies and languages and adhere to coding standards and techniques. May also be assigned to multiple projects at various geographic locations and/or simultaneously assigned as a resource for single or multiple projects as required. In addition, this candidate will be involved in all stages of the development life cycle from requirements gathering to post-release support.
Our ideal candidate has the drive to make new software products and the sophistication and experience to make this a reality.
- Work with Project Managers, Business Analysts, Business client and other technical teams to design, develop, test, implement, and maintain back-end Fraud detection and mitigation solutions.
- Performance and scalability tuning to support large deployments.
- Research and prototype new technologies as appropriate.
- Ensure quality and completeness of the product through unit testing, documentation and maintenance as appropriate.
- Work with the team to provide a second-line support capability, although most issues will be dealt with by the dedicated first-line support team there may be a need for out of hours support if required.
- Translate technical requirements into programmed application modules
- Participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations
- Incorporate Corporate Architectural Standards into application design specifications
- Incorporate security requirements into design
- Manage project scoping and estimation activities, document the project scope and approach, review plans with technology stakeholders and acquire sign-off from business and technology leadership
- Assist in evaluating priorities and advise on options, risks, and costs versus benefits of proposed solutions
- College degree, specialized training or equivalent work experience
- IT experience required including experience with large complex technology projects
- Knowledge of SQL and No-SQL technologies, experience with Cassandra, Oracle or equivalent. Strong understanding of software transaction management.
- Exposure to high-throughput and fault tolerant messaging software such as JMS, Kafka or equivalent.
- Ability to lead continuous, secure, scalable and resilient software delivery, knowledge of automated tollgates as well continuous testing and delivery tools such as Cucumber, Selenium, Jenkins, Junit etc.
- Hands on programming experience with serialization technologies such as JSON and XML.
- Perform manual and automated code reviews, up-keep code to highest evolving standards.
- Awareness of project and software lifecycle management such as Agile Scrum, Kanban, TDD or BDD.
- Expert ability to manage ambiguity, multiple tasks, changing priorities and circumstances within minimal supervision.
- Hands-on software troubleshooting, may be called to support production issues as appropriate.
- Exposure to payment origination and case management functional domain will be a plus.
- Awareness of AI and ML technologies will be a plus.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and interact effectively with all levels and build relationships
- Experience managing geographically distributed and culturally diverse workgroups with strong team management, leadership and coaching skills