|Job Type:||Full Time|
Project Tokyo aims to understand how to create visual agent technology that is both useful and usable in the real world by focusing on how AI technology can help to augment people’s own capabilities. This dynamic, multi-disciplinary team explores these questions through human-centric technical innovation, partnering with people who are blind and low vision to concretely anchor our exploration in their needs, interests, and abilities.
One internship project will focus on user testing a new phone-based AI experience for people who are blind or low vision in collaboration with Seeing AI. The intern will be expected to design and run the user study, thinking deeply about critical metrics from a machine learning and user point of view under real-world constraints.
A second internship project will focus on evaluating tools that we have built out to support domain experts in understanding and adjusting AI-based experiences in real-world applications. The intern will be expected to design and run a user study, thinking deeply about critical metrics from a machine learning and user point of view.
Design and carry out a user-study for a new phone-based AI-experience with blind and low vision users.
- Students enrolled in a PhD program or outstanding Master’s students with research experience.
- Significant experience designing and carrying out user studies in the field;
- Experience with interactive human-AI systems
- A letter of support from a supervisor and, optionally, from another senior collaborator;
- The ability to re-locate to the UK.
- Experience working with people with disabilities or other marginalized groups;
- Understanding basic machine learning concepts/pipelines
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to communicate ideas to audiences with diverse skill sets
- Ability to adapt to uncertainty and re-direction as needed.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.