|Job Type:||Full Time|
Group Treasury is a division of the Financial Management Group and is responsible for the management of the funding, liquidity and capital position of the Macquarie Group.
Join our Group Treasury team in London as a Senior Associate or Executive. This is a great opportunity to be exposed to the inner-workings of an international group and work in a non-hierarchial, merit-based environment.
In this role you will be required to assist in the preparation of liquidity reporting and modelling whilst building your knowledge and experience in a challenging and dynamic role
Ideally, you will have a liquidity background although this is not strictly necessary, but an understanding of the regulatory environment for financial institutions and financial markets would be highly advantageous. If you have strong analytical skills, enjoy problem solving and can interpret and communicate complex information to a wide range of stakeholders then this is the role for you.
You will have responsibilities across a variety of Treasury activities, including contributing to the liquidity risk management of European regulated entities, implementation of Basel III liquidity regulations and other regulatory change affecting the group.
In addition, you will provide analysis and input into liquidity modelling and liquidity scenario analysis, monitor liquid asset buffers and prepare regulatory documents and local quarterly board reports relating to liquidity. Finally you will also work to develop relationships with the business areas in order to advise on funding and liquidity matters and facilitate dialogue with Group Treasury teams in Sydney, Jacksonville, Dublin and Gurugram.
To thrive in this role, you will have:
- a tertiary qualification, preferably in a business/finance/economics or related discipline and with at least 2-3 years of experience within banking and finance
- experience of liquidity risk or balance sheet management and an understanding of liquidity, funding and other treasury matters is highly advantageous
- be able to produce high-quality documents and presentations
- a keen interest and understanding of financial and capital markets
- have advanced software skills (MS Office), experience with database querying/visualisation tools will be an advantage
- have strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to understand and succinctly explain complex data
- have the ability to interact with a range of stakeholders and resolve competing priorities
- be highly motivated and a flexible team player.
If this sounds like your next role, then please apply now!
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We recognise that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.