|Job Type:||Full Time|
In this role you will be ensuring that the overall competence assessment of engineering colleagues is conducted in accordance with Railway Group Standards and Southeastern Competence Management Systems.
You will be responsible for the assessment, mentoring & development of engineering colleagues and ensuring that the knowledge of the assessors is to a higher standard than those they may assess, also undertake mentoring assessments of all maintenance assessors ensuring standards are maintained across all locations
You will also undertake / assist in maintenance incident investigations and be responsible for reporting any lapses in competence to the relevant Line Manager.
The Ideal Candidate
To excel in this role, ideally you will need to demonstrate the following;
- Experience in an engineering maintenance role
- Completed a recognised apprenticeship framework (Level 3) or equivalent
- Holder of a current licence to maintain with no record of incident for 3 years
- Must have excellent knowledge of rolling stock systems, engineering procedures and standards.
- Must hold or be working towards assessor’s qualification TAQA
- Good personal organisational skills.
- Proven ability to communicate and influence
- Good numerical skills
- Excellent computing skills and ability to use Microsoft Office computer applications
- High level of attention to detail.
- Be empathetic and approachable, and supportive of colleagues.
- Resilient and self-motivated.
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern is one of the busiest commuter rail companies in the UK running more than 2,000 trains, and carrying nearly 600,000 passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex.
Just over 4,500 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
London & Southeastern Railway