|Job Type:||Full Time|
“We are on a mission to transform the future of grocery retail through sustained technology innovation.”
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using advanced artificial intelligence, robotics, big data, the cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond. With everything from websites to highly automated warehouses that we design in-house, our employees are skilled specialists with expertise across a wide range of technologies, working on cutting-edge innovations that are shaping the future of our society.
We are a fast- growing company: today we have colleagues in 7 development centre across the UK and Europe, with offices open in London, Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City (UK), Krakow, Wroclaw (Poland), Sofia (Bulgaria) and Barcelona (Spain), with a satellite office in Stockholm (Sweden).
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
What does the team do
The Group IT team are focused on providing technology services which are supported, stable and streamlined to enable Ocado teams to work in a clear, controlled and cost effective manner.
Working within Group IT, you will have responsibility for the installation and maintenance of all the IT equipment and associated physical infrastructure within Ocado's data centres, server rooms and Operational facilities. Manage PPM visits, review RAMS, assess operational infrastructure risks.
What would I be doing?
- Installation and commissioning of new server/network/storage equipment, hardware swap-outs and component replacements
- Asset management of all Server room infrastructure
- Managing/maintaining the data centre facilities including power, cooling and overall capacity
- Undertake planned, reactive and corrective maintenance tasks as requested. Schedule PPM visits, review RAMS, reporting of all completed work orders, follow up on corrective actions
- Document, monitor and enforce operational standards. Evaluate and escalate any potential risks, with an assessment of impact, probable causes and mitigation opportunities
- Arranging orders and deliveries with external suppliers and consultants, including utilities, manufacturers, vendors, and contractors
- The role will require domestic travel to visit sites
- The position may require international travel to visit sites
- The role will need to be part of an on-call rota
- May require work in the evenings and weekends on an ad-hoc basis
- Work with implementation teams to properly test and validate the installation, operation, and performance of newly delivered facilities
What we are looking for
- In-depth understanding of mechanical and electrical equipment/design related to data centres (Including but not limited to: UPS, generators, main distribution switching, Rack PDU, automatic/static transfer switches, air conditioners and fire suppression systems.
- Proven experience of working with critical infrastructure within enterprise-scale data centres including the design and delivered functionality
- Possess excellent communication skills, attention to detail and maintain high-quality standards
- In-depth understanding of RAMS process, identify the risk and work towards mitigation. Work closely with 3rd party service providers to plan preventative and corrective visits
- Evidence of ability to work both independently and with little supervision, as well as in a team. Possess a high level of initiative
- Experience using DCIM software, configuration, and data analyses
- Ability to fault finds using various Fluke testers for network and fibre troubleshooting
- Have excellent IT skills, covering the use of collaboration tools like Jira, Office suite
- General housekeeping to maintain a clean and tidy environment
- Enthusiasm and Passion for excellence
- Prior experience in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- SNMP protocol understanding
- Previously working with DCIM/BMS software like Data Centre Expert
- 17th Edition / 18th edition would be a plus
What we offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.