|Location:||Bristol, Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Greater London|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
End DateFriday 22 January 2021
Salary Range£0 - £0
Agile Working OptionsOther Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description SummaryLloyds Banking Group is the UK’s largest Digital, Retail and Commercial Bank with a focus on Helping Britain Prosper.
We’re on the mission to build the bank of the future, and we need your help do it! Continuing our extensive transformation programme, we're redefining what a bank is from the inside out. Our technology, our culture, and our mind-set is changing to craft a true engineering-led organisation.
Our Cloud Centre of Excellence (CCoE) is looking for an Assurance Engineering Lead to ensure the security of the Public Cloud services within the scope of the CCoE. The ability to identify, prioritise, report on and manage security risks to keep all systems and assets in a network protected is paramount to the security of cloud services. You’ll lead the team responsible for the end-to-end assurance processes for public cloud platforms within the scope of the CCoE.
This is a senior leadership level role that will require experience in delivering outstanding assurance management and oversight across a multi-cloud environment. You’ll blend both deep domain and technical expertise with experience leading and managing a technical function. You’ll have hands-on experience with vulnerability detection technologies and how it is configured for use on cloud tools and services, with a good understanding of the shared responsibility model. You’ll develop and maintain good working relationships with the CCoE Security, Technology and Leadership groups as well as CCoE Audit and Risk partners.
What you’d get involved with:
- Design and deliver the assurance management framework for the CCoE, including detection, prioritisation and tracking of remediation of internal and external vulnerabilities, and vulnerabilities in 3rd party products and SaaS solutions in scope of the CCoE
- Develop robust reporting mechanisms for stakeholders within the CCoE and the wider Group to provide a clear view on the technical security of the platform and develop close links to the GVA (Google Vulnerability Analytics) project to ensure the CCoE is an early adopter, providing transparency to the wider Group
- Ensure clear demarcation of roles and responsibilities of the CCoE assurance team and existing vulnerability management team within the wider Group
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with the Strategy, Innovation and Testing team, providing a transparent view of the vulnerability landscape of the services in scope of the CCoE
- Seek opportunities to automate as much of the assurance framework as possible
- Develop and mentor members of the team, providing them with support for their continuous development
- Ensure there are good governance, processes and procedures to support a structured approach to the team’s ways of working which is in line with the Group’s policies and standards
- Be the first point of contact for the Group’s three lines of defence and ensure processes and procedures are in line with their expectations
- Establish regular meetings with the Cloud Service Providers to understand their technology roadmap and to ensure the CCoE assurance framework is ready to support new and emerging technologies
- Regularly assess the market and industry best practices for new and innovative ways to deliver vulnerability management within the Cloud
What’s needed to be considered for this job?
- Must have senior leadership experience, ideally including line management and experience of building teams from scratch
- Experience working with a broad set of Azure and Google Cloud Platform (GCP) cloud services, products and concepts, including end-to-end design and architecture of the platform
- Ability to work autonomously, make sounds judgements and with limited supervision
- Experience leading an assurance function
- Hands-on experience with vulnerability detection technologies, including how it is configured for use on cloud tools and services and ensuring the availability, latency, performance, and capacity of those systems
- Ability to program in languages such as C++, Java (J2EE), XML, Python etc.
- Reporting to technical, non-technical and senior stakeholders
- Should be studying for or have passed either the Azure Security Engineer certification, the Google Associate Cloud Engineer certification or hold similar certifications
- Experience with ticketing systems such as JIRA or ServiceNow
- Understanding of agile and DevOps principles and practices
What you'd get in return:
Offering you both opportunity and profile - we'll provide you with a diverse, energising and lively environment that focuses on equal opportunity and real career progression.
We'll take your personal and professional development very seriously and enable you to make a genuine difference to millions throughout your career with us.
Together we make it possible.
We'll also give you a broad remuneration package which includes:
- Discretionary bonus: up to 40% of basic salary
- Generous pension contribution - up to 13% employer contribution
- A flex cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle – cash sum of 4% of salary
- Private health cover
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Various share schemes including free shares
So if you have a desire to work in a challenging Engineering role in a dynamic environment with quality at the heart of thinking, whilst gaining skills and experience within a friendly and motivated team then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you!
We'll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.