|Job Type:||Full Time|
“We are on a mission to transform the future of grocery retail through sustained technology innovation.”
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using advanced artificial intelligence, robotics, big data, the cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond. With everything from websites to highly automated warehouses that we design in-house, our employees are skilled specialists with expertise across a wide range of technologies, working on cutting-edge innovations that are shaping the future of our society.
We are a fast- growing company: today we have colleagues in 7 development centre across the UK and Europe, with offices open in London, Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City (UK), Krakow, Wroclaw (Poland), Sofia (Bulgaria) and Barcelona (Spain), with a satellite office in Stockholm (Sweden).
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
What does the team do
Group IT’s Mission is to provide strategic direction, governance and delivery of core IT Services which enable other functions to excel in what they do.Our Vision is to enable a fantastic working experience for all Ocado Group teams and employees through the provision of the tools they need to do their job in an efficient and flexible way and at a global scale.
The Group IT Vendor Management team are focused on providing Software, Hardware, Services and business applications which are supported, stable and streamlined to enable Ocado teams to work in a clear, controlled and cost effective manner.
This role’s primary objective is to work across Ocado to ensure the best value and acceptable levels of service are received from products and services purchased, through a robust Procurement lifecycle process.
What would I be doing?
- Maintain the contract database for your assigned Suppliers
- Own the supplier selection process, including RFI’S, RFQ’s, formal tenders
- Help develop Business cases to support the adoption of New Suppliers
- Support the SRM process for your Tier 1, 2 and 3 Suppliers
- Support Executive Sponsors, Business Owners and Technical Leads in fulfilling their roles within the SRM process
- Serve as the primary Procurement point of contact for assigned suppliers across all Ocado departments (including Legal and Finance)
- Analyze purchasing and vendor data and provide reports as necessary from existing Software Applications (Oracle, Manage Engine and INFIMIS). Support regular supplier landscape reviews
- Identify ways to fulfill the organization’s needs effectively and efficiently while reducing risk, controlling cost and achieving high compliance standards
- Collaborate with suppliers to influence improvements in their processes
- Improve the end to end processes as necessary to eliminate root causes of waste
- Manage the exit of suppliers where needed to ensure smooth transitions
- Deputise for the Supplier Relationship Manager(s) as needed
What we are looking for
- Proven track record in IT / Technology Procurement
- An excellent understanding of Procurement process and procedure
- Demonstrable experience of Maximising the value provided by 3rd party organisations (not just cost savings)
- An good understanding of IT hardware/software and maintenance/ support services
- Ability to prioritize workload against business/project requirements and key customers
- Natural ability to collaborate and build strong relationships at all levels Internal and External to the Business
- Proven track record in liaising with external suppliers
- People Management skills
- CIPS qualification Level 5 or working towards, an appreciation of ITIL
- Procurement Management experience / Supplier Relationship Management experience
- SOC2 understanding and experience
What we offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.