|Location:||Brighton and Hove|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
End DateThursday 21 January 2021
Salary Range£54,342 - £60,380
Agile Working OptionsOther Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description SummaryDevelop and support a diverse suite of bespoke applications, contribute to high profile systems development activity, ensuring that they are able to meet changing business needs.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we’re driven by a clear purpose - to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities.
What will you be doing?
As a .NET Developer within our Business Applications team, based in Hove, you'll help our Risk Division contribute to the Group's strategy to become the best bank for customers, investors, shareholders and colleagues.
Set up as a DevOps team, we use a number of Agile principles to develop quality, creative web applications that help our colleagues mange customer and business critical processes.
Joining a high-profile team, recognised for the quality of their solutions and agile approach to development, your accountabilities will include:
- Working closely with colleagues and internal customers to enhance, support and upgrade our diverse suite of applications, as well as developing new ones to meet changing business needs
- Contributing to a series of high priority, high profile projects, working at pace to deliver improvements to benefit a diverse number of teams
- Supporting the full development lifecycle, from initiation through to final release – where your input and decisions will help drive our application designs
- Acting as a mentor for junior developers, using your experience and expertise to help them grow and reach their potential.
What are we looking for?
You'll have a real passion for developing .NET applications and enjoy all stages of software development. With a creative eye for detail, your work and results matter to you - speed, service, quality, problem management and innovation.
And you'll relish the opportunity to work in a friendly, collaborative and agile environment. We're also looking for you to have the following:
- Data development expertise, particularly in the IRIS suite of applications
- Significant hands-on .NET development experience
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, which support your ability to work with both technical and non-technical people at all levels.
- Any wider skills in MVC, Jquery, TDD and Git would be useful, but aren't essential.
In return, you’ll learn new skills, technologies and approaches to software development. As a multi-brand, multi-channel business, we have the scale and reach to give you a diverse range of opportunities to learn, grow and develop and to help you achieve a rewarding and fulﬁlling career.
You'll also receive a benefits package which includes:
- A performance related award
- Generous pension contribution
- 30 days leave plus bank holidays
- A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits
We’re committed to building a workforce which reﬂects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-based culture focused on making a difference.
So if joining us at a critical and exciting time in our engineering future appeals and this role sounds like it could be for you, click apply below.
Together we make it possible.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.