|Job Type:||Full Time|
Become part of the team
Sparkler is an award-winning digital insight and strategy consultancy founded in 2001 and acquired by PA Consulting Group in 2018.
Our focus on generating deep human insight supports PA’s mission to build a ‘Positive Human Future’.
Based in London and New York, our growing team of 80 people works with some of the world’s leading media and technology companies. Consequently we have particular expertise in understanding the digital consumer and helping our clients make sense of the complex interplay between consumers, brands and the digital world.
As you’d expect, we work across almost every modern research method and don’t stop with reporting but crucially enable clients to activate our findings with their internal stakeholders, supported by our in-house Studio.
We have a working culture that is in equal measures fun, dynamic and challenging. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits and the opportunity of career progression within our research team or in the wider consulting business.
So if our values of excellence and creativity chime with your own, you’re excited by our mission and ambitious to develop your career in a thriving environment, then please get in touch!
What we're looking for
Our Panels & Communities team is one of the fastest growing parts of our business. Now running for over eight years (Sparkler itself has been around for 20), we’re at an exciting point in our development.
The work we do is focussed around providing clients with on-going insights into their consumers via long-term online communities. We run all aspects of the communities – from survey design to scripting, right through to reporting and debrief delivery.
We’re looking for a Consultant Analyst who’s passionate, energetic and dedicated with a flair for communicating insights (often quant-based) in a creative way and as comfortable with ‘back room’ data work as you are with presenting to and advising clients.
The role involves the account management of at least one of our communities (with support from the rest of the team). With the prime community being for a major film distributor, for whom we’re an integral part of their team – and has the added bonus of spending 1-2 days each week based at the client’s offices in central London and with the opportunity to also work across c.1-2 other core accounts for other clients.
- 3+ years’ experience in a quant-focused role, preferably in a related role with quant panel expertise
- Analytical skills, capable of delivering quality insights and developing hypothesis across both quantitative and qualitative data
- Comfortable with managing data-sets / spread sheets, with proficiency using Excel
- Top quality debrief writing skills
- Comfortable working ‘front-line’ with clients
- Account management experience including:
-acting as the day-to-day client contact across all aspects of the account, working closely (f2f) with senior client stakeholders
-writing quant surveys (sometimes from scratch), testing and launching them
-programming online surveys, using intuitive survey scripting software
-analysing findings using integrated reporting functionality/panel tools
-setting up and moderating online qualitative forums
-analysing online qualitative feedback and integrating findings into reports
-managing the panel i.e. writing newsletters, communications, and posts on the members area to maintain their engagement
-writing reports, using your creativity to transform insights into compelling stories
-presenting debriefs to clients face-to-face
-ensuring supplier and client relationships are maintained to the highest standard
-keeping on top of timings and budget
- Qualitative experience would also be a strong advantage as we often include qual activities within the communities; whilst understanding and being able to work with numbers is critical, equally important is the ability to create stories and present these in compelling ways to our clients
- Some working experience of data analysis software like Q or Power BI (which we may sometimes use in addition to our integrated analysis tools)
- Positive, proactive ‘can-do’ attitude towards clients, suppliers and colleagues
- We move quickly, so you need to feel comfortable – in fact enjoy – being in a dynamic environment, cope well with ambiguity, and not be afraid to ask questions
- Thrive on teamwork, as well as being able to work effectively on your own
- Demonstrates excellence at every opportunity, whether in your thinking, emails, proposals and contribution to debriefs
- Constant curiosity and creativity, with a thirst for new knowledge and a particular passion for and interest in the world of design and innovation
- Someone who isn’t afraid to innovate, be creative and experiment
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
- Travel allowance
PA is an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network ranging from tech start-ups to Fortune 500 clients, we will offer you fascinating work, unrivaled opportunities for growth and the freedom to realize your potential. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a successful and rewarding career.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
* Please note you must already have the unconditional right to live and work in the EU/UK region* We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.