|Job Type:||Full Time|
Become part of the team
Sparkler is an award-winning digital insight and strategy consultancy founded in 2001 and acquired by PA Consulting Group in 2018.
Our focus on generating deep human insight supports PA’s mission to build a ‘Positive Human Future’.
Based in London and New York, our growing team of 80 people works with some of the world’s leading media and technology companies. Consequently we have particular expertise in understanding the digital user and helping our clients make sense of the complex interplay between user, brands and the digital world.
As you’d expect, we work across almost every modern research method and don’t stop with reporting but crucially enable clients to activate our findings and recommendations with their internal stakeholders, supported by our in-house Studio.
We have a working culture that is in equal measures fun, dynamic and challenging. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits and the opportunity of career progression within our research team or in the wider consulting business.
So if our values of excellence and creativity chime with your own, you’re excited by our mission and ambitious to develop your career in a thriving environment, then please get in touch!
What we're looking for
Our Innovation Insight team is one of the fastest-growing parts of our business and we’re looking to expand our current team of four consultants with a number of new hires.
We work with clients to help them create human-centred services, products and experiences, achieving this by embedding powerful human insight and socio-cultural understanding across the innovation and design cycle.
Our team are powered by three things; firstly, empathy for users and clients; design thinking and finally, our own relentless curiosity.
We’re looking for a Consultant Analyst who is bright, enthusiastic, keen to learn and develop their user research skills even further – there’s lots of opportunity to grow in this role.
- 3+ years’ experience in digital research and/or design research; you’ll have had exposure to a range of UX research approaches and methodologies as well as innovation techniques and projects, including: contextual enquiry / ethnographic research, qualitative groups and interviews, user labs, co-creation / participatory design, stakeholder workshops, journey mapping and affinity mapping
- An understanding of the role played by qualitative and quantitative research within innovation and design processes, and confidence working with specialists in these areas; you’ll often work in multi-disciplinary teams drawn from across the business
- Client handling skills; you will have experience of working directly with clients and building strong relationships with them
- Experience working with clients from multiple sectors; we work with some of the world’s biggest names across a range of industries including technology, social media, retail, travel, entertainment and financial services
- Professional operator; we deliver to tight timelines and so you’ll need excellent project management, problem solving and prioritisation skills
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal skills; whether getting under the skin of a user’s thinking, working as part of a team to meet a demanding new brief, or contributing slides to a debrief, being able to get the most from your interactions with people is absolutely central to success in this role
- While an undergraduate degree is a minimum requirement, further study in the areas of Product Design, Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction or related fields would be an advantage
- Positive, proactive ‘can-do’ attitude towards clients, suppliers and colleagues
- We move quickly, so you need to feel comfortable – in fact enjoy – being in a dynamic environment, cope well with ambiguity, and not be afraid to ask questions
- Thrive on teamwork, as well as being able to work effectively on your own
- Demonstrates excellence at every opportunity, whether in your thinking, emails, proposals and contribution to debriefs
- Constant curiosity and creativity, with a thirst for new knowledge and a particular passion for and interest in the worlds of design and innovation
- Someone who isn’t afraid to innovate, be creative and experiment
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
- Travel allowance
PA is an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network ranging from tech start-ups to Fortune 500 clients, we will offer you fascinating work, unrivaled opportunities for growth and the freedom to realize your potential. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a successful and rewarding career.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
* Please note you must already have the unconditional right to live and work in the EU/UK region* We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.