|Job Type:||Full Time|
This Assistant General Counsel will be the primary point of contact for document retention and collection; document review management, including selection and oversight of document hosting and review vendors; and general discovery (disclosure) project management.
- Acts as the primary point-of-contact for legal teams, advising and coordinating discovery activities for the UK and EMEA.
- Manages the day-to-day case details throughout the discovery life cycle among all the collaborating parties, including the firm’s attorneys, outside counsel, vendors and firm's internal discovery IT group.
- Conducts early matter outreach, discovery planning, budgeting, custodian scoping, tracking, status reporting, managing to timelines and overseeing production requests.
- Coordinates case team status conference calls, creates agendas, and meeting minutes.
- Communicates issues to case team, manages expectations and tracks to resolution.
- Develops a strong understanding of JPMC data sources and discovery process, including processing.
- Manages document review on a matter level, working closely with in-house and outside counsel, document review vendors, and internal case management personnel in creating and executing discovery plans.
- Collaborates with internal counsel on high priority matters by conducting key searches, analysing and reviewing documents, and providing summaries of critical communications and chronologies.
- Coordinates reviews with counsel to ensure that case goals are achieved, including leveraging reporting/metrics to track and manage document reviews.
- Collaborates with legal teams on standard review protocols and review strategies.
- Consults with case teams to leverage and integrate technology within review process.
- Actively participates in strategic initiatives for the legal discovery management team.
- Qualified lawyer, JD, LLB or educational equivalent required, as well as at least 5 years of practice experience. Attorney candidates must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including the requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment.
- Previous discovery experience at a consulting firm, discovery vendor, or top tier law firm strongly preferred.
- Ability to prioritize work and effectively manage a large case load.
- Deep understanding of discovery review platforms.
- Experience with Technology Assisted Review (TAR) tools, workflows, and strategies.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to track multiple workstreams.
- Exceptional analytical, time management, interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
- Superior presentation skills required to provide status to key audiences in a concise, informative, and timely manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.