|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Building Services Technician to work at Ocado's state of the art, automated Customer Fulfilment Centre (CFC6) based in Bristol, Avonmouth. This site will be our first ‘mini’ CFC, which is designed to deliver around 30,000 customer orders per week when fully operational. As such, our Building Services Technicians play an integral role in supporting the operation.
Within this role, you will be working closely with the engineering teams to optimise availability and performance of the facility. As well as this, you will ensure legislative compliance throughout and manage all external contractors during reactive and planned maintenance activities.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Acting as the main point of contact for building/facilities related issues
- Providing technical support to the onsite engineering teams for the site systems
- Ensuring all site infrastructure is maintained and available for use including industrial refrigeration, generators, fire alarm &
- Carrying out a range of internal and external maintenance tasks, to ensure our buildings and systems are maintained and serviced
to a high standard
- Providing first line maintenance to the site, carrying out basic repairs to fixtures, fittings and plumbing including dealing with
blockages or leaks
- Responding to reactive requests that require urgent attention as well as safety and compliance checks
- Contacting contractors to arrange for repairs as needed, and inspecting completed jobs
- Reviewing all contractor safety documents before site attendance and dealing with contractors while they are working onsite, in
accordance with company policies
- Attending site meetings, ensuring any actions are dealt with promptly
- Creating and maintaining building documentation and service records
- Escalating issues when required to the Building Services Engineer
You may also be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the job holder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
- A formal qualification in an electrical or mechanical engineering subject (apprentice served, NVQ, or equivalent)
- Strong electrical experience preferably within a building services environment
- 17th/18th edition wiring regulations
- Some technical ability and understanding relating to generators, power distribution, fire alarms, sprinklers and
- Experience of both reactive and preventative maintenance
- Demonstrable analytical skills with sound problem solving ability
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to impart knowledge effectively to others of varying
- Good organisation skills, able to prioritise.
Preferred (in addition to minimum):
- Knowledge of Building Control Systems (BMS) would be advantageous
This role will require you to work 40 hours per week Monday - Friday, however flexibility will be required in order to meet business needs which could include weekend working.
We are currently offering a very competitive salary for this role which is dependent on qualifications and experience.
What will I get in return?
- Competitive salary and benefits including Free Shares and Life Assurance
- 15% off your Ocado shopping
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
- Private Healthcare
- National discounts including Vodafone, Merlin Attractions, Enterprise Car Hire and many more
- Enhanced Pension scheme - matching up to 7% of your contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and it takes its obligations under the Equality Act 2010 and Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 very seriously. We treat all our employees fairly and equally, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, pregnancy and maternity, trade union membership or offending background, or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee. Our employees and applicants for employment shall not be disadvantaged by any policies or conditions of service which cannot be justified as necessary for operational purposes.