|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you have a passion for developing and deploying deep learning solutions to solve critical real-world problems? Are you interested in using machine learning to build the future of cloud infrastructure? If so, come join our highly multi-disciplinary team on Project Silica, where we are using state-of-the-art computer vision techniques to make data storage in glass a reality!
Project Silica is developing a revolutionary storage technology for the cloud, by leveraging recent advancements in ultrafast laser optics to store data in quartz glass; offering unprecedented data durability and data lifetime. This will have a transformative effect on how data is stored, and change the future of cloud storage, by making low-cost, sustainable storage for long-lived data a reality.
We are looking for an ambitious individual who is keen to put their deep learning skillset to great use, in developing, benchmarking, and deploying computer vision techniques to decode data read from glass. The ideal candidate should have a growth mindset, and be keen to work across the traditional boundaries of different disciplines, expanding and embracing new approaches to solving problems.
- Design, implement, and evaluate machine learning solutions to process images and decode data read from quartz glass.
- Collaborate and work in a multi-disciplinary team (including computer scientists, optical scientists, and laser-processing physicists) to co-develop the image processing algorithms along with the novel hardware being built to generate and acquire the data.
- Enable non-expert members of the team to use the developed machine learning solutions, to further their own work, and advance wider project goals.
- Exhibit a growth mindset, and contribute to an inclusive team culture, where everyone is empowered to do their best work.
- Postgraduate degree in machine learning.
- Considerable background in Deep Learning, and at least 2 years’ experience with PyTorch.
- Demonstrated impact in applying machine learning research to new problems with real-world impact.
- Strong software engineering skills for rapid and accurate development.
- Creative and collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Expertise in deep learning for image processing.
- Experience with cloud-based machine learning services (e.g., Azure Machine Learning).
- Experience processing microscopy data.
- Working knowledge of storage technology development would also be a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.