|Job Type:||Full Time|
“Ocado Technology, powering the future of retail through sustained disruptive technology innovation...”
Across Ocado Technology there is a large variety and quantity of data which we use to continuously improve the way we work and inform decisions on how to improve our products. Moving forward we have ambitious plans to rethink the way we use data; making it easier to access, report on, create insights, make changes to our ways of working and measure the impact. Whether it be assessing the impact of a new capabilities or looking for opportunities to improve our products, data and analytics are foundational to what we do. As a result an experienced Lead Analyst is required to set the strategy and to help us architect, build and maintain a set of product metrics and KPIs, using the most appropriate technology and data structures to deliver real actionable insights, driving positive client outcomes.
As the Lead Product Analyst you will be joining the Fulfilment stream who create Warehouse Management Systems that enable our clients to pick, pack and ship customer orders with unparalleled levels of accuracy and operational efficiency. Here you will be responsible for leading the analyst team within Fulfilment and will report into the Head of Product. You will help to set the strategic direction of data insight within the Fulfilment stream and will get hands on with defining, monitoring and reporting stream level metrics to help the stream become more data driven in its approach to Product development.
You will also take line management responsibilities for the Product Analysts in the stream and will be in charge of continuous improvement of the craft of Analytics including mentoring, coaching, 1:1s and feedback
You will have responsibility for:
- Work with the Product leadership team to define, monitor and report on the key client metrics for our platform
- Conduct analysis and apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers. Show how what we are developing is affecting our key metrics
- Create product dashboards and automated reports that provide insight to how we are progressing with our quarterly targets
- Set and regularly review the strategic direction of data within Fulfilment
Lead the Analyst team:
- Lead the team to produce well structured and tested insights for their stakeholders
- Champion best practices, provide opportunities for learning and sharing and support the team with your technical experience
- Ensure the right processes are in place and providing value
- Facilitate the continuous improvement of the team with mentoring, coaching, 1:1s and feedback; create and lead a happy, high performing team of world class Data Analysts
- Take line management responsibility for the team members; put your people first
- Recruit new team members if required and assist the new starters
- Protect the right balance between high standards, autonomy and timely delivery of insights
We would like you to demonstrate:
- Strong academic qualifications
- Strong communication skills
- Experience of coaching and developing others
- Experience of building a team environment which is innovative, motivational, highly-productive and fun to work in
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Experience in a Data Analyst or similar role
- Hands-on experience using SQL, BigQuery & Excel
Bonus points if you have experience of:
- Experience with data visualisation tools
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools
- Experience with data orientated programming languages like Python or R
What we can offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa, except the company-specific costs. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.