Last updated 3 days ago
Business Intelligence Solutions Analyst – HR IT
Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC’s global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world’s leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts, as well as project and programme managers.
We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world. We are currently seeking a BI Solutions Analyst to join HSBC Technology.
The Business Intelligence Solutions Analyst Role is based within the Reporting & Analytics team, a sub-function within the HR Technology service line as part of HSBC Enterprise Technology, spanning UK, US, Latin America, India and Hong Kong; reporting to the Head of HR IT Reporting & Analytics.
Following a large scale HR Transformation, HSBC has implemented a multi-technology Cloud based HR platform. A key component of this estate is the Group-wide Business Intelligence platform; “People Insights”.
The primary role of the Business Intelligence Solutions Analyst is to facilitate the development of the most appropriate and secure Technology solutions using Agile software development methods in line with the solution design, to meet customer requirements, reducing and managing technical debt and ensuring robust testing mechanisms and strategies are adhered to in order to facilitate a pipeline of continuous improvement, putting the customer experience at the heart of everything we do..
The role spans the complete project lifecycle and has direct influence on solution direction and design. The ability to form and maintain key relationships with stakeholders across business and IT functions is critical to the successful collaborative partnership required in the identification, definition and implementation of efficient Business Intelligence solutions to support the HR function in line with Global IT architecture standards; ensuring the integrity, resilience and contingency standards expected of HSBC systems are maintained.
What you will be doing;
- Assessing the viability of new requests and providing proposals and solutions to the business that meet business requirements, align with IT strategy and maximise reuse opportunities.
- Using approved or appropriate tools and techniques to produce Clear Choices and Solution Proposals for large and/or complex propositions.
- Demonstrating excellent analytical skills to ensure business problems thoroughly understood and the proposed solutions are cost-effective and timely.
- Identification and articulation of non-functional requirements.
- Providing business-driven IT consultancy, giving information about potential technology solutions, costs and timescales to enable management teams to make informed choices about their investments in IT.
- Ensuring continuous integration/continuous delivery pipeline within a DevOps Product/Service team driving a culture of continuous improvement
- Working alongside the Enterprise Architecture, Change Delivery and service management teams and the Business to understand their key drivers and metrics to better assess the potential for IT solutions or changes to enhance the business and advising relevant IT teams of the potential for future projects.
- Reporting progress and identifying and raising any issues/risks, escalating as appropriate to facilitate satisfactory resolution.
- Keeping up-to-date and have expertise on current tools, technologies and areas like ML, AI, cyber security and regulations pertaining to aspects like data privacy, consent, data residency etc. that are applicable
- Providing leadership, direction and motivation for those involved in more junior analytical or development roles.
- Working closely with our vendor partners to aide their delivery of custom solutions and also help influence their product roadmaps in SaaS delivery.
- Undertaking additional tasks as directed by senior management lines and stakeholders