|Job Type:||Full Time|
“We are on a mission to transform the future of grocery retail through sustained technology innovation”
At Ocado Solutions we are responsible for providing Ocado’s innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP"), to our major retailer clients around the world. OSP comprises access to Ocado's physical infrastructure solutions, running highly efficient warehouse operations for the single pick of products, together with the entire end-to-end proprietary software applications and advanced robotics required to operate a world-class online grocery business.
Our unique, proprietary and industry-leading technology is set to transform the shopping experience of consumers around the world, redefining the customer grocery experience through the adoption of a centralised, automated model of online retailing provided by the Ocado Smart Platform.
We are currently looking for an experienced Controls Engineer to join Ocado at our state-of-the-art Customer Fulfilment Centre in Andover, Hampshire. This site boasts world leading technology, which is predominantly developed in house at Ocado. Our Engineering team are at the forefront of our Customer Fulfilment Centres, ensuring that our technology continually beats the competition.
As a Controls Engineer, you will undertake the day to day reactive and planned engineering activities and improvement works at the CFC. The main task is providing front line support to the Ocado Automation Control team to ensure that control issues, including PLC code related issues within our live operational systems are investigated and resolved as quickly as possible.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Where a hardware fault is identified, activate a pre-defined workaround or make temporary modifications to PLC code to allow the operation to continue
- Work with the Automation Control team to diagnose and deploy the required code fixes
- Provide front line issues investigation of live production control systems (hardware and software) including the use of relevant diagnostic tools such as Profibus / Can Bus networks and Bar Code Readers
- Analyse data and find solutions to improve MHE performance
- Carry out planned maintenance across the site
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Good technical ability and experience relating to automation hardware and software
- A good understanding of PLC control system architecture and field control devices
- A good understanding of DC motor controls
- Online code monitoring, modification and development with Siemens S7 300/400 PLC’s
- Experience with SCADA and Siemens HMI systems
- PLC and Electrical and/or mechanical skills preferably gained in an FMCG background to at least NVQ 3
- Experience in a warehouse, distribution, production or FMCG environment
- Understanding of Control System Communication Protocols such as WCS and WMS systems
- Fully computer literate
- Good communication, organisation and planning skills
- Sound analytical skills, able to look at data and solve problems with full customer focus and determination to deliver results under time critical situation
Shift: Our Engineering Team work 12 hour shifts working an average of 42 hours per week, where you will be required to work weekdays and weekends both days and nights.
Salary: £44,000 - £48,000 per annum, which is dependent on experience and qualifications.
What will I get in return?
- Competitive salary and benefits including Free Shares and Life Assurance
- 15% off your Ocado shopping
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
- Private Healthcare
- National discounts including Vodafone, Merlin Attractions, Cineworld, Enterprise Car Hire and many more
- Enhanced Pension scheme - matching up to 7% of your contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme