LNER is the rail company that stepped in and took over the East Coast mainline after Virgin Trains East Coast. We began our journey on Sunday 24 June 2018 and we have ambitious plans to change the face of train travel. We want to create a service everybody loves, that our people are proud to work for and helps the communities that we’re part of, to flourish.
We kept our promise to maintain a seamless transition between old and new. While doing that, we launched the future of rail travel, with our new Azuma train. It’s already a great success, introducing more seats, more space and above all, punctuality.
Whether you’re nipping to your auntie’s for cake and a cuppa, braving a meeting with the boss or treating the kids to a day of candy floss and sandy toes. We’re with you. Making it happen. Connecting towns and cities, people and places with pride.
Everything we do at LNER is geared towards delivering great experiences for our passengers, our colleagues and our communities.
Together, we’re driving innovation and transforming rail travel. By being on time, having more trains and more seats, to the huge leaps in engineering like our stunning Azuma train.
People, places and moving forward are top of our list. We embrace the communities that we operate in, welcome change and are determined to constantly improve everyone’s travel experience across the nation. Not only that, our team is proud to be part of LNER and because of this, they deliver a great service. A service better than anyone else because they care a little bit more.
That’s what makes us LNER.
10 month fixed term contract
The job sounds good doesn't it…? We hardly needed to write an advert…
But we did think you'd like to know a few ins and outs about this excellent opportunity we have to offer. If you want to find out more, read on, if we got you at the job title what are you waiting for…? APPLY NOW!
This is a vital role within the Marketing team. Reporting into the Senior Advertising and Partnerships Manager you will be responsible for briefing, developing and implementing multi-channel campaigns to deliver against key business aims.
You will be a problem solver with a can do attitude and a strong commercial focus, with responsibility for analysing results against key KPI's, and optimising action accordingly.
This is a full mix role with a particular focus on paid for offline media – plus we encourage continuous innovation in our channel thinking to help get our messages out to the right audience in a creative and disruptive way.
You will be skilled in managing agencies and other stakeholders. Creating and fostering effective relationships, ensuring we're getting the best out of our agencies to get everyone to go that extra mile. You'll have experience of planning and delivering a TV campaign and be passionate about engaging our internal stakeholders through the process.
You'll be juggling multiple projects at any one time so your project management skills will be second to none and you'll be an expert at delivering clear communication and managing expectations of key stakeholders and x-department teams.
We're looking for someone with a flair and passion for Marketing, who is always looking for ways to shake up the norm and put our customers at the heart of what you do.
Some of your key responsibilities…
- Managing campaigns – Planning and delivery of campaigns working within agreed timings and budgets. Campaigns will be in line with our brand vision. The post holder will bring knowledge and expertise to the creative process of what makes communications compelling, relevant and motivating.
- Financial responsibility – Responsible for managing multimillion-pound budgets and will seek opportunities to get the best value work delivered.
- Delivering results – Strive for high and continuously improving performance ensuring work delivers against relevant business aims & KPI's.
- Innovation – Find new solutions to business barriers generating innovative or radically new ideas to overcome them.
- Learning agility – Constantly aseeks to learn and develop. Working closely with internal teams and agencies to understand the impact of our campaigns, making sound suggestions for improvements.
- Customer focus – Take proactive action to understand customer needs and requirements.
- Agency management - Effectively manage agencies as partners/ extensions of our team to ensure that they deliver on brief to our timing and budget requirements. Striving to maintain strong relationships with our agency teams and encouraging them to deliver amazing work. This also includes our in-house design studio.
- Stakeholder management – Seek to build relationships with key Stakeholders across the business, engaging relevant stakeholders in campaigns when appropriate. Strong cross-team working as this role involves working with colleagues from a wide range of departments.
- Prioritisation - Effectively prioritise workload to align with business goals and customer needs
- Continuous improvement - Work with teams to develop better ways of working in line with business goals. Seek views and opinions to continuously improve the service to customers
- Team focused - Acts to promote a welcoming, productive environment, good morale and co-operation within the team.
- Forward planner - Ability to look forward and see the longer-term picture
Got your attention yet…? Of course, with this being such a specialist role, there are a few ‘must haves'…
What do we need you to have…?
- Experience in a B2C marketing environment
- Immaculate attention to detail
- Ability to build strong stakeholder relationships
- Adaptable to commercially focused environments
- Proven experience of implementing campaigns, with a special focus on the full range of offline mediachannels
- Experience in delivering TV campaign & preferable experience of working with creative agencies during a shoot
- Excellent numeracy, with strong analytical capabilities
- Superb communication skills, ability to interact with multidisciplinary senior stakeholders
- Able to work under pressure, multi-task and consistently meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrable commercial understanding and proven track record of making sound business recommendations.
- Ability to work with key stakeholders of the business, make the right option based on data and best practice.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in a collaborative, cross-functional and cross-cultural team
- A professionally focused self-starter that takes ownership and responsibility for their work
Are you ready to be part of LNER's outstanding Marketing team? Want to be the custodian for all thing's Offline Campaigns service across LNER? It's time to update your CV and click ‘apply'.
We look forward to reading over your application.
What We Offer
We’re very picky about who works for LNER. So when you wear the LNER uniform, you have to be at the top of your game. Our customers expect the very best service and we expect you to deliver it.
In return, you’ll receive a competitive salary. Oh, and throw in a benefits package traditionally described as ‘generous’.
- Free travel on LNER trains for you and your dependants
- 75% off other Train operating companies (again for you and your dependants)
- Discounted international travel after one years service
- 50% discount for friend and family
- Generous pension scheme
Along with various schemes and offers
What happens next?
We promise we’ll let you know as soon as we can the outcome of your application and/or any testing you do.
If you are successful, you’ll be invited along to an interview or to take part in one of our assessment centres. These can include interview, group exercise, role play, or more tests (we have lots of industry standard tests that help us keep everyone safe!). During these sessions, we’ll get to know more about you and you can also make sure we are right for you – it’s a two-way process!