|Job Type:||Full Time|
As part of the Group Legal team, this role will provide legal and compliance advice, guidance and support to the organisation on GDPR, e-Privacy and wider data protection and online harms issues.
The role of the Data Compliance Manager will be to work with the business to ensure that the processing of personal data is compliant in line with the GDPR / DPA 2018 and PECR, following regulatory guidance and keeping up to date with regulatory sanctions in the UK, Europe and US. As well as advisory, the role requires practical and strategic application and will serve as the central point of contact for data compliance between our Customer Engagement Centre (CEC), Legal and Technology. Customer Insight and Subscription teams.
Our Single Customer View (SCV) is the primary database that is used to manage all customer data (subscribers, transactors, enquirers, registrations, newsletter recipients etc.).
Key Responsibilities include:
- Advise, support and oversee practical compliance by our contact centre and data teams, including being the point for escalation of issues raised by our contact centre.
- Provide data compliance support and training to the wider business in line with GDPR standards.
- Develop and update new policies, procedures and guidance documents as required across functional areas of the Telegraph. Assisting on the decision process for ‘house views’ on data protection, and policies for contacting individuals on our database.
- Manage and assist in the response to subject access requests;
- Manage and assist with all data queries, breach notifications and escalation and responses;
- Administer, maintain and ensure that all Data Compliance documentation is kept up to date with full version control and audit trail.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and changes in data compliance regulation and communicate to the wider business
- Develop and maintain Legitimate Interest Assessments (LIA’s) and Privacy Impact Assessments (PIA’s) register of how Telegraph obtain, use, store and share personal information.
- Write, review, negotiate data processing agreements and various commercial contracts that include data processing elements, including ad agency contracts, traditional and digital advertising, competitions and promotions, eCommerce, technology contracts for cloud-based services, Martech, online and digital marketing campaigns on multimedia channels, including direct mail, website, apps, social media channels etc.
- Managing privacy notices, data permissions, advising on call to action wording, working with our programmatic team on Adtech and CMPs
- Develop and oversee the management and maintenance of adequate record keeping system
- Manage regular data compliance audits across the business, including supplier audits
- Experience overseeing data compliance within a technology, eCommerce or Adtech environment
- Sound knowledge of GDPR, e-Privacy, technology, and consumer protection laws and general contract and commercial law is required.
- Strong numerical skills and ability to understand complex data structures that exist in our consumer databases.
- General understanding of the data marketing, data analytics and technology space.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills, particularly within contract management.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, including document formatting and multi-level paragraph numbering.
- Ability to manage a high volume of transactions and work to tight deadlines whilst being professional, flexible and able to prioritise workload.
- A desire to learn, develop own knowledge and take on new challenges.
- Comfortable communicating at all levels, including with senior management
- Experienced in handling affairs of a highly confidential and sensitive nature.
- Proactive, self-confident, highly motivated team player.
- The Telegraph supports flexible working, per your line manager’s agreement.
- A range of excellent benefits (including on-site gym, massages, and more).
- In-role development and access to formal development.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.