|Job Type:||Full Time|
At GoCardless, we’re passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they and their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 55,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce and Quickbooks, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
We’re headquartered in the UK, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners and Notion Capital. Over 400 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their career.
We’re looking for a Head of Social Media to grow our social presence and increase awareness of GoCardless in our key markets - UK, US, France, Germany and Australia - encompassing all of the channels where we can reach our customers, from small businesses to multinational organisations.
You’ll lead our social strategy, enabling our Marketing team and the wider business to develop social content in line with our brand. We’re looking for someone who is creative and passionate about building a social first culture - enabling others with knowledge sharing, templates and toolkits, and reports.
You’re ambitious in terms of what social media can achieve and are willing to test ideas, new tools and techniques in search of impact and growth. And you’re a natural brand ambassador, who understands the importance of clear, simple messaging, with a strong sense of what will grab people’s attention and help GoCardless differentiate our offering from other payment providers.
This role is fundamental to our brand and growth strategy as we look to significantly increase our customer base in all of our markets. The role will report directly to our Director of Communications.
- Lead our organic social strategy to drive growth and high level engagement across social channels
- Oversee the social media calendar, production and scheduling of content across all channels
- Create social first content in partnership with our Creative Design team - optimising its use for different platforms
- Use a test and learn approach to drive engagement for the brand - conducting experiments that will bring a growth hacking mentality to our social strategy
- Work with our growth teams to develop acquisition funnels that will take people from social media through a demand generation journey
- Collaborate cross-functionally to manage and execute social campaigns and product launches
- Use audience, social media and customer insights to help develop ideas that will resonate with our audience and community
- Work with our Field Marketing and regional teams to grow our social media presence in our international regions
- Build out our influencer programme to create a community of influencers who will contribute to, engage with and share GoCardless content
- Manage an external contractor (part-time) and agency relationship for organic boosting
- Understand and use social media reporting, analytics tools and attribution models to demonstrate the impact of campaigns and use the data to optimise activities
You don’t need to have experience of the payments or financial worlds. Rather, you’ll be a fast learner with a passion for disruptive technologies that are helping to create a better world for businesses. You’ll be creative, self-motivated and proactive and enjoy the challenge of getting other people involved with your ideas. And you’ll know how to communicate with people about the issues that matter most to them.
- You will have worked in a B2B or B2C social media role either in-house or agency side - preferably with start-up / scale up experience of growing a social media presence with limited resources
- You are proficient with social media listening, analytics and scheduling tools
- You’ll have strong verbal and written communications skills and enjoy collaborating with us as well as leading on projects
- You enjoy developing and executing campaigns and have the skills and experience to enable others to do so
- You have an eye for detail, are well-organised and used to working on multiple tasks
- You use data to validate ideas and measure impact, while valuing the creative spark you bring
- You are an avid user of social and are always exploring new platforms and looking at new ways to engage with audiences
The role has a global focus, so fluency in English is essential, but proficiency in French and/or German would be beneficial.
GoCardless embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We offer a varied package of flexible working and benefit policies. From flexible working hours and working from home arrangements, through to enhanced parental leave, pension packages and equity. GoCardless has a very family and work life balance orientated environment. Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we embrace diversity – if you’re unsure, please apply.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, everyone at GoCardless has shifted to remote working since mid-March 2020 and will continue to work remotely until March 2021. We are committed to support all employees during this time and continue to monitor the situation closely. Some of the actions we’ve taken to support the wellbeing of our employees as we transitioned to and continue working in a remote set-up are: subsidised home office equipment, remote workstation assessments, and remote wellbeing and social activities to stay in touch.