|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking to recruit a developing Project Support Coordinator with some technical background to join our Engineering Operations Central team (EOC) to support site set up and workforce planning as well as project support across multiple areas. The successful candidate will be project managing several aspects of new Engineering Operations (EO) team establishment and will represent the EOC team in Commercial and Project Team meetings.
You will be detail oriented and curious with a strong desire to learn all things Ocado. Alongside this we are looking for someone that can demonstrate practical and hands on skills.
This role would suit an up and coming project manager or operational specialist with experience in logistics, distribution or engineering, looking to further develop and gain project management experience.
Role & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Global Projects and Development Manager, the role of the RPSM is to support the delivery of national and international EO teams and be actively involved with implementing and auditing the EO site set up process. For a given region, you will be responsible for the upkeep of the overall EO programme for new sites, specifically but not exhaustively;
- New sites timeline
- Site set up blueprint
- Site set up budgeting
- Labour calculating processes
- Recruitment planning and phasing
- Implementation, progress reporting and auditing on the above
You will also;
- Represent EOC in commercial and site set up meetings for sites in a given region
- Assist the GPDM with coordination of department budget submissions and reforcasts, budget variation management and reporting
- Assist the GPDM with the upkeep and development of the EO labour calculation model and associated input assumptions, data collection templates and output format templates.
- Assist the GPDM with sign off of Division Of Responsibilities and User Requirements
- Assist the GPDM as a stakeholder to the Ocado Product Development Managers (PDM)
- Assist the GPDM with enforcing adherence within the EO teams to any statutory regulation including CDM regulations, Ocado Engineering Standards and H&S policies.
- Be adaptive and willing to take on new roles and responsibilities as required.
What we are looking for?
- A “can do” and “in this together” attitude and approach to work
- Ability to multitask, manage and reprioritise a complex diary with multiple simultaneous activities
- Ability to manage multiple project elements at the same time
- Qualified to HND, Degree level or equivalent would be advantageous but not essential
- Able to draw on a range of project management skills, experience, tools and approaches gained through relevant experience and qualifications.
- A health and safety qualification such as IOSH or NEBOSH would be advantageous
- Be able to perform unsupervised on own initiative and as part of a team
- Comfortable in a dynamic, fast paced environment, maintaining a good eye for detail.
- Commercially aware and consider cost impacts on decisions and proposals
- Communication of technical information in a variety of forms to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Some technical competence and understanding relating to both automation and general engineering
- People / Stakeholder management skills.
- Persuasive, influential, able to motivate and get positive results from people.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- The ability to draw workable and innovative solutions from diverse teams, acceptable to all stakeholders
- Have a “hands on”, “lead from the front”, inclusive approach to project management.
Location flexible within the UK, based either at Head Office or local Ocado site.
What can Ocado offer you?
Exposure to complex, highly automated, multi-million pound projects
Working with new and innovative technology
Lead the development of a new and exciting function within Ocado
Working as part of an enthusiastic, dynamic and dedicated team
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Income Protection
- 25 days holiday, increasing to 27
- 15% Ocado discount
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
We will always aim to respond to everyone who applies for one of our roles. Sometimes though we have a lot of applicants and it takes us a little while to get back to everyone. If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks of your application, then you should take it that you have not been successful on this occasion and accept our apologies that we didn’t manage to get back to you personally.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.