|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are currently recruiting for a PLC Support Engineer to join our Engineering team at Ocado's Customer Fulfillment Centre in Hatfield, Hertfordshire.
The Engineering Operations team play an important part in ensuring we are able to continue with our high level of customer service. As a PLC Support Engineer, you will undertake the day to day reactive and planned engineering activities and improvement works at the CFC. The main task is providing front line support to the Ocado Engineering Operations team to ensure that control issues, including PLC code related issues within our live operational systems, are investigated and resolved as quickly as possible.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Where a hardware fault is identified, activate a predefined workaround or make temporary modifications to PLC code to allow the operation to continue;
- Work with the Engineering Team and PLC Support Team to diagnose, create and deploy the required code fixes;
- Provide front line issues investigation of live production control systems (hardware and software) including the use of relevant diagnostic tools such as Profibus / Can Bus networks, Bar Code Readers;
- Carry out predefined planned maintenance activities across the site;
- Analyse data and find solutions to improve MHE performance.
What are we looking for?
- Good technical & experienced hands-on ability relating to automation hardware and software with strong electrical experience;
- A formal qualification in an electrical or mechanical engineering subject ( NVQ Level 3, HNC or equivalent);
- A good understanding of PLC control system architecture and field control devices;
- A good understanding of AC/DC motor controls;
- Online code monitoring, modification and development with Siemens S7 300/400 PLC’s;
- Experience with SCADA and Siemens HMI systems;
- Experience in a warehouse, distribution, production or FMCG environment;
- Understanding of Control System Communication Protocols such as WCS and WMS systems;
- Fully computer literate;
- Good communication, organisation and planning skills;
- Strong knowledge of Siemens S7 PLC is required
- Sound analytical skills, able to look at data and solve problems with full customer focus and determination to deliver results under time critical situations;
When you will be required to work:
This role will include 14 x 12 hour shifts in any 28 day period (7on 7off). This role will include working both days and nights, weekdays and weekends, with an average of 42 hours per week.
Day Shift: 6:30-18:30
Night Shift 18:30-06:30
What salary are we offering?
We are offering a very competitive salary for this role which is dependent on qualifications and experience.
- Competitive salary and benefits including Free Shares and Life Assurance
- 15% off your Ocado shopping
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
- Private Healthcare
- National discounts including Vodafone, Merlin Attractions, Enterprise Car Hire and many more
- Enhanced Pension scheme - matching up to 7% of your contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme