|Job Type:||Part Time|
At GoCardless, we’re passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they and their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 55,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce and Quickbooks, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
We’re headquartered in the UK, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners and Notion Capital. Over 400 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their careers.
You'll work as part of a wider team of around 30 passionate individuals who work with our UK, European, Australian and North American customers to solve tough problems and provide world class service. You will be utilising our in-house systems to handle incoming emails and calls, and help ensure that you can deliver the best customer experience possible.
We're looking for bright, empathic people to join our Weekend Team and provide first-rate support and guidance to our users. We pride ourselves on listening to our users and doing everything we can to solve their problems. As a member of our Support team, you'll represent the customer's voice across the company.
We've built a friendly, collaborative culture, where we hire and develop driven people that share our desire to do the work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and are devoted to encouraging and supporting each other's continual professional growth.
This is a 12 month contract role with the possibility of extension or becoming permanent.
NB: Whilst this is a part time shift pattern, if successful, for the first 4 to 6 weeks of your contract, you will be required to work full time Monday to Friday 9.00am to 6.00pm for onboarding and role specific training before you transition to the weekend shift pattern. This will be paid training (same hourly rate as your contract).
Shift Pattern 1: Saturday 12.00am (i.e. Friday night) to Saturday 8.00am AND Sunday 12.00am (i.e. Saturday night) to Sunday 8.00am*
Hours: 16 hours per week
* Previous experience of working night shifts on a regular basis is essential if you are applying for this shift pattern. Your cover letter must clearly indicate your experience of working the night shift (when, where and for how long you worked night shifts).
Shift Pattern 2: Saturday AND Sunday, 8.00am to 4.00pm
Hours: 16 hours per week
Shift Pattern 3: Saturday AND Sunday, 4.00pm to 12.00am
Hours: 16 hours per week
The ideal candidate
- if applying for the 1st shift pattern; previous experience of working night shifts on a regular basis is essential. Your cover letter must clearly indicate your experience of working the night shift (when, where and for how long you worked night shifts)
- previous experience of working with a complex and technical product highly desirable
- previous experience of working in a startup / scale up is highly desirable
- previous experience of working in a B2B environment is highly desirable
- previous experience working in a contact centre / in customer support operations is highly desirable
- previous experience of working in a target oriented environment and proven ability to consistently meet targets is highly desirable
- previous experience of working remotely is desirable
- you love helping people & enjoy working in a truly fast paced culture and thrive in small teams
- you are organised, reliable, diligent and attentive to detail
- you learn quickly and are comfortable with complexity
- you are able to work independently and under minimal supervision
- you have a flawless command of English and communicate with clarity
The remote shift requires you to have:
- a stable and noise free working environment conducive for serving our customers
- a stable WiFi connection as well as a backup
- the ability to work without any interruption to the service we provide
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us and we welcome applications from those with disabilities and from under-represented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring and onboarding process we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field and continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active ‘employee resource groups’ (such a BEAM and Rainbow) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage and inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave and pension packages. You’ll also receive equity, because we believe having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
The COVID-19 pandemic has seen everybody at GoCardless shift to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do into 2021. We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally we offer support to maintain wellbeing and comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments and a range of remote social activities you can dip in and out of whenever you fancy.