|Job Type:||Full Time|
“We are on a mission to transform the future of grocery retail through sustained technology innovation.”
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using advanced artificial intelligence, robotics, big data, the cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond. With everything from websites to highly automated warehouses that we design in-house, our employees are skilled specialists with expertise across a wide range of technologies, working on cutting-edge innovations that are shaping the future of our society.
We are a fast- growing company: today we have colleagues in 7 development centre across the UK and Europe, with offices open in London, Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City (UK), Krakow, Wroclaw (Poland), Sofia (Bulgaria) and Barcelona (Spain), with a satellite office in Stockholm (Sweden).
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
Group IT has the mission to provide the strategic direction, governance and delivery of the core IT services which enable Ocado group as a whole to deliver on its missions.
As the IT Project Manager you will have the responsibility for the delivery of technical projects which may include infrastructure and application delivery across Ocado Groups global IT service portfolio.
Your responsibilities will include;
- Managing multiple IT projects concurrently through the full project lifecycle.
- Coordinating all resources required to deliver projects (including 3rd parties) and acting in a matrix management capacity as needed
- Management of key stakeholders, both internal and external
- Coordinating project inception - gathering and analysing requirements, defining and controlling scope, developing project plans. Clear articulation and management of Issues, Risks, Assumptions and Dependencies, escalating as required for resolutions
- Tracking progress of delivery against agreed targets. Ownership of any associated project budgets
- Definition of the project acceptance criteria and oversight of any required testing needed to demonstrate this has been met
- Working closely with Group IT teams to ensure change is managed into ‘business as usual’ correctly and is set up for success
- Oversight of required change management activity - IT and business
- Regular reporting as required covering key project KPI’s
We’re passionate about people with;
- Experience in IT project management roles, specifically working on SOC2 related projects
- Able to demonstrate that they have worked on and managed projects through the full development lifecycle.
- Ability to work across technical and non technical stakeholders
- Project planning and management/delivery of complex projects to timescales, including experience of Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels in the organisation.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with a variety of personalities and styles
- Experienced at facilitating workshops with a range of stakeholders, suppliers & business users.
- Excellent critical reasoning, decision-making, and problem solving skills to analyse situations, determine risks, and find solutions to prevent future issues and resolve recurring defects
- Formal qualification - Prince2 / PMP
Bonus points if you also have experience in;
- Formal qualifications - ITIL
- Experience with process modelling, data modelling, gap and SWOT analysis
What we can offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.