|Job Type:||Full Time|
Customer Engineer (Apps & Infra) in EMEA Global Technical Team
What Joining the Microsoft Team Means
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and support offerings. To this end, Microsoft invests in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully realize their business outcomes.
Azure is the most comprehensive, innovative, and flexible cloud platform today and Microsoft is hiring professionals that will drive customer cloud adoption within the most important companies in the market.
We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
Customer Engineer (CE) in Global Technical Team (GTT)
A Customer Engineer (CE) in GTT is a skilled technical expert who delivers proactive services to help customers plan, implement, maintain, optimize, and educate within their given Solution Area. It is a customer facing advisory role delivering unique value by removing hurdles and accelerating consumption of Azure Services to deliver customer value and outcomes. As a CE in GTT, you will be part of a global team responsible for the delivery of services both remotely and on-site.
The Impact You’ll Be Making
Delivery - 50%
- Demonstrates technical expertise in a specific solution, or several products, and how they are enablers for a customer’s business innovation and growth.
- Participate in proactive account management to develop a deep understanding of your customer and their needs.
- Re-use and develop intellectual property to accelerate time to value for our customers.
Deliver Results through Teamwork - 25%
- Model personal accountability and teamwork.
- Be a team player who collaborates with colleagues to drive business growth.
- Synthesize customer feedback to facilitate continuous product/services improvement in close co-operation with our Product/Engineering teams.
- Demonstrate a growth mindset to continuously learn and take calculated risks.
Leadership and Growing the Business - 25%
- Drive and support innovation by focusing on industry solutions and customer business outcomes on the Microsoft platform.
- Share knowledge thru our technical communities and public forums.
- Intentionally cultivate relationships, credibility, and loyalty with customers and partners.
Experiences Required - Education, Key Experiences, Knowledge and Skills:
A strong candidate will demonstrate the following experience and skills:
- Proven track record in successful consultative/complex technical and deployment projects, architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications.
- Proven track record of building relationships with senior IT and business decision makers.
- Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies effectively collaborating across organizational and regional boundaries often in ambiguous situations.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to explain complex topics in ways that can be understood by technical and business decision makers.
- Fluency in English is essential. International experience and being able to communicate in multiple languages is an advantage.
- Security clearance is also an advantage for candidates.
- Knowledge of cloud platforms with deep understanding of On Prem Active Directory and Azure Active Directory.
- Technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, and technology management.
- Proven subject matter expertise in at least one of the following:
- Azure Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
VMs, Storage, Identity, networking, Hybrid Cloud, Azure AAD Azure Files, Azure Migrate & Site Recovery, Backup Service, Monitoring, Automation and Update management, Azure administration & Governance.
- Azure Platform as a Service (PaaS)
Azure App Service, Web & API apps, Azure Functions & Logic Apps, Azure SQL, DevOps, API Management, Kubernetes, Containers, Application Insights, DevTest Labs, Integration Services
- Azure Security
MDATP, Advanced Threat Protection, Security Center, MFA & Conditional Access, Microsoft Threat Protection, Azure Information Protection, Azure Sentinel, Microsoft Cloud Application Security
- Azure Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- At least one of the following Microsoft Certifications would be preferred.
- Azure Administration Associate
- Azure Developer Associate certification
- Azure Security Engineer Associate
Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within an IT Solution Provider and/or services company such as Amazon, VMware, Google, IBM, Oracle is an advantage.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.