|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a member of the Engineering & Architecture group we are looking for an individual who is passionate about solving engineering problems to improve the developer experience across our enterprise tool chain and environments. You will be required to help set and drive organisational initiatives across the whole software development cycle.
Responsibilities will include;
- Aligning developer requirements with developer platform strategy
- Training developers in optimal usage
- Coordinating migrations
- Developing solutions where required
- Build partnerships and trust with many stakeholders
- Work across multiple teams to drive common goals
- You will also be interesting and driven to improve developer process and tooling
- Software Engineering background with experience in at least one of the following languages: Python, Java, .Net or C++
- Experience of automated testing.
- Agile development and design skills
- Deep understanding of branching and deployment strategies.
- Scripting capabilities including groovy, YAML.
- Experience in practices enabling continuous delivery including building CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge of cloud based technologies and tools such as AWS, Docker, Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes.
It will also be highly advantageous if you have;
- Ability to evaluate enterprise toolchain architecture and optimise its effectiveness to achieve high levels of automation and reliable fast feedback
- Ability to take an opinion on technical architecture and standardisation of processes
- Good understanding of modern build server technologies
- Ability to work and coach in teams, build their trust and help best leverage our strategic toolsets.
- Expertise in source code management systems including Git and Bit bucket