|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Research works with the world's best researchers, moving with the current of technology as it rapidly evolves. Together we share the motivation to seek innovative solutions to the world's toughest challenges and improve the lives of people everywhere.
For our Microsoft Research Cambridge (UK) lab, we are seeking exceptional Senior Researcher candidates in the area of Deep Learning. The successful applicant is expected to develop a program of research in novel deep learning approaches, improving deep learning technology across one or multiple real world applications. This is an exceptional opportunity to drive ambitious research while collaborating with a diverse team of other researchers and engineers to push the state of the art in deep learning.
There is no closing deadline for this post. The post will be filled once suitable candidates are found so if you are interested please apply as soon as possible. When submitting your application, include your CV with a list of publications as an attachment. You may also include your published work. For more information about the post, please feel free to email Sebastian Nowozin at Sebastian.Nowozin@microsoft.com
- Develop and drive an ambitious, high-impact, research agenda in deep learning.
- Collaborate to develop and test out new ideas within existing or new collaborations within a project or the wider research group.
- Write research code to test new approaches or develop novel theoretical and practical insights.
- Prepare technical papers and presentations.
- PhD in machine learning, deep learning, or a related area, or equivalent experience.
- A research program demonstrated by journal and conference publications in conferences such as NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, AAAI, and journals such as JMLR.
- Strong understanding of state-of-the-art deep learning approaches in the area of probabilistic deep learning, autoregressive models, deep language models, representation learning, or graph neural networks.
- Hands-on experience in implementing and empirically evaluating deep learning approaches in PyTorch, Tensorflow or equivalent.
- Demonstrable ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Effective communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.