An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
About the Role
We have an exciting opening for a talented salesperson to join our commercial team! As a Sales Specialist (FirePlex/Custom Ab), your goal will be to help our clients make scientific breakthroughs in their research and product development utilising the FirePlex solution and Custom Ab.
In this role, you will be responsible for the strategic and tactical management of accounts in your territory including focusing on existing relationships and generation of new business opportunities focused primarily on industrial accounts.
Key responsibilities include:
- Accountable for the achievement of the assigned targets for Fireplex & Custom AB sales revenue and achievement of the EMEA teams’ overall objectives.
- Identify new opportunities to develop strategic business relationships focussing on accounts defined by the FirePlex and Custom Ab profiling criteria for potential customers.
- Drive the revenue growth of the business by promoting and marketing our portfolio of capabilities.
- Provide project updates and collect feedback from customers.
- Facilitate business / legal agreements such as CDA’s & Proof of Agreements.
- Continually provide feedback and assist the organizational needs around market development and new service opportunities, customer trends, competitive activities.
- Work cross functionally with other departments within Abcam to allow fulfilment of the sales cycle for FirePlex / Custom Ab and allow coordinated interfacing between Abcam and the Customer.
- MSc or Ph.D. in Biology or related fields
- Proven experience in selling in the life science market, in particular selling complex solutions to a range of key and new accounts
- Knowledge of the High Throughput Screening, High Content Analysis / Screening and Pharma markets.
- Proficient in managing customer interface and relationship both at scientific end-user level and decision-making level.
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a competitive commission structure, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognised globally as an organisation that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.