|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for a Vehicle Examiner to join our busy Engineering team in Larbert
The salary for this Vehicle Examiner position is £26,000 per year and the working hours are 38 per week
What will you be doing?
The successful Vehicle Examiner will be responsible for the following duties:
- To carry out routine vehicle examinations, in accordance with the Engineering SOPs and VOSA testing requirements.
- To be competent in the basic workshop routines for SAP with regards to the raising and closing of works orders.
- To be fully up to date with individual vehicle history paying particular attention to reoccurring defects prior to carrying out the vehicle inspection.
- To diagnose defects accurately to aid, skilled and semi-skilled staff in carrying out vehicle repairs.
- To assess and record the scheduled time required to complete the work arising for each defect identified from the vehicle inspection.
- To carry out quality monitoring of completed work from inspections, servicing and running repairs.
- To carry out vehicle road testing in accordance with Central Engineering SOPs.
- To carry out physical repairs as required.
- To liaise with VOSA staff in the submission of vehicles for annual test.
Who are we looking for?
- Minimum level 3 NVQ standard or equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds level 1 & 2).
- To be familiar with modern repair techniques and the use of electronic and mechanical diagnostic equipment
- To be familiar with computerized engineering systems and the input and extraction of relevant data.
- Must be in the possession of, or capable of obtaining a full PCV licence and forklift truck licence if required.
What can we offer you?
- up to 5 weeks holiday (plus Public Holidays)
- company pension
- free bus travel for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel on GWR, SWR and other First train companies
- High Street discounts
We will also provide you with boots, overalls and specialist equipment so no need to worry about being safe/protected or having the right kit for the job!
One of the UK's largest bus operators, our team of 17,000 Journey Makers helps 1.6 million customers every single day to get to where they want to go.
Engineering is an integral part of our business focusing on efficiency, excellence, safety and reliability. We're constantly looking for ways to improve our processes, techniques and ways of engineering our very diverse fleet.
Working for First UK Bus you'll find your role varied, rewarding and satisfying. You'll work alongside our great team of technicians, mechanics, examiners, electricians and cleaners who all pull together to do a brilliant job! No two days are ever the same!
Interested? Apply Today!
FirstGroup plc welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. We aspire to be a diverse and inclusive organisation because we believe that diversity brings benefits for our customers, communities and our people. Valuing our differences and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience helps us develop new services, open up new markets and broaden our customer base.