|Location:||Gloucestershire, United Kingdom|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Edge Vulnerability Research team is looking for a talented engineering leader to build a world class team, create the vision and roadmap for major security initiatives that will help secure Microsoft Edge.
The Edge Vulnerability Research team is responsible for securing the Edge client code base and working with the Chromium security team to help make the web safer for everyone. This team performs security design reviews, code reviews, fuzzing and penetration testing on Microsoft Edge to ensure we meet the highest possibly security standards.
In this role, you will grow and build a team of security engineers to research and develop methods to eliminate vulnerabilities at scale, develop new security mitigations, and work with teams to refactor and update high risk code bases. The ideal candidate will be a technical subject matter expert with experience building and leading highly technical teams. Additionally, candidates should have hands-on experience with native code (C/C++), a clear understanding of browser security fundamentals, solid computer science skills, and a passion for keeping Microsoft customers safe.
- Collaborate with other security teams across Microsoft and industry leaders to develop new browser defenses
- Manage the work of a security focused engineering team across multiple concurrent projects
- Leverage a broad and current understanding of security to devise new protections and exploit mitigations
- Ability to learn new skills and operate in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Interaction with the external security community, and security researchers
- Excellent cross group and interpersonal skills, with the ability to articulate the business need for security
- At least 10 years of experience in a relevant professional development or security-focused role
- At least 5 years of which must be specializing in security
- B.S., Computer Science or equivalent work experience or degree
- Understanding of common security mitigations (ASLR, DEP, CFG, etc) and how they work
- At least 3 years writing C or C++
- Public track record of relevant security research, especially around vulnerability discovery
- Experience exploiting bugs and bypassing security mitigations in web browsers
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows and Linux architecture
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.