With offices across the US, Europe, and Asia, Abcam is one of the leading life science companies today, achieving multi-year double digit growth with the aim of helping scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Helping our customers achieve their mission faster is at the centre of everything we do. We commit to provide a world class experience for our customers through the channel of their choice. This role is dedicated to creating an exceptional customer experience and identifying opportunities to improve the customer journey to better serve our customers. You will use data, customer journey mapping tools and analytics to understand how customers are served by Abcam and make recommendations on how to improve the end-to-end customer experience. You will lead customer journey improvement programmes to address customer pain points to deliver improved tNPS.
As Customer Journey Manager, you will own and influence our service roadmap globally and will continuously innovate and build new processes to better serve our customers. You will provide excellent hands-on qualitative research experience in a number of research methodologies. In addition to undertake surveys or requesting research from the insight function to lead customer journey improvement projects is essential. Having a customer centric obsession is key and a desire to affect change on behalf of the customer. A strong ability to influence senior stakeholders, strong project management and analytical skills, as well as a track record of managing others to deliver projects in complex environments is also essential.
You will engage cross functional teams and design and embed new agile practices, take advantage of new technology capabilities and improve customer and commercial outcomes. You’ll need a passion for continuous improvement, innovation, be curious, a strong communicator and enjoy challenging the status quo and thinking creatively to solve problems. Previous experience in Life sciences or a regulated environment is also an advantage.
You will need to be comfortable in an environment where change is a constant, at Abcam we are always striving to improve everything we do.
- A passion for supporting life sciences research
- Quantitative research experience, particularly survey design.
- Strong analytical skills, excellent attention to detail and good business acumen
- Self-starter who possesses flexibility to work in a fast-changing and complex environment
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of Abcam
- Experience of driving a dedicated customer-centric culture in an operational environment.
- Knowledge of the life science market; previous experience in Biotechnology and/or Life Sciences in both Academia and Industry advantageous
- A proven ability to analyse information from a range of sources to guide decision making and solve complex problems.
- Strong project management and highly organised
- Experience in facilitating customer experience improvements through the use of journey maps, data, co creation in both incubator and production platform environments.
- Ability to influence and engage stakeholders and team members to reach common goals and develop strong working relationships throughout the business.
- Highly organised and an ability to multi-task and prioritise with a can-do attitude, as you will be working on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong understanding of customer experience technology
- Customer focused approach, with customer satisfaction being a core driver – understanding of Net Promoter Score
- Strong communication (written and verbal including numeracy) and listening skills
- Ability to build engagement and support from different disciplines and functions across Abcam
- Fluency in other languages are an advantage.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focused on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.