|Job Type:||Full Time|
Your new role
We are looking for a motivated Middleweight Designer with excellent attention to detail and great ideas to join our In-house design team. Under direction of the Lead Creative, you will work independently and as a part of a team to develop design briefs, implement creative solutions across a range of mediums. You will need to understand the importance of maintaining a clear and consistent visual identity to help promote our organisation’s brand and values. You will need to be creative, conscientious, well organised and be able to change priorities to suit the business needs.
The purpose of the Middleweight Designer is to design creative work and deliver artwork in a variety of formats, for digital, print, email and web.
They will work closely with other creatives in the team and with their line manager the Lead Creative, to deliver BAU and campaign work aligned to the marketing plan. They will play a key part in the look and feel of the brand, and be brand guardians for all creative output of the business.
What you'll be doing
- Deliver creative work required from the Marketing plan, managed through Kanban process.
- Design and create beautiful but also effective creative work
- Work with wider marketing team to ensure clear understanding of briefing
- Play a part in art direction on photography and video shoots.
- Constantly monitor brand consistency with creative team members.
- Focussed on digital platforms and best practices in this arena.
- Design content for our websites working alongside the digital team on content management systems.
- Be mindful of latest trends across social media platforms and how we can apply these to our brand.
- Have a passion for email marketing and enjoy exploring ways we can communicate with our customers.
- 2 years minimum in creative role
- Competent in creative across email, social platforms and digital
- Be a good and clear communicator - able to present their work
- Must have an excellent portfolio across print and digital
- Competent in: Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Effectively manage their own time
- Degree level qualification in design related course.
- A great basic salary
33 Days holiday + Length of service
Your birthday off
Pawternity Leave, Grandparent Leave, Volunteering day Leave
Learning & Development, Next generation programme
30% discount across the group & 15% for friends & family
High street Discounts with 100’s of great brands
Employee Assistance Programme for all colleagues & your household
Enhanced Maternity & Paternity Pay
Discuss flexible working & part time opportunities
A little about sofology
We think choosing a new role and choosing a new sofa have a lot in common. Your old one feels comfy, you’re used to it, and you know exactly where you fit. But a new job - or a new sofa - holds so much potential. Pick the right one and you’ll never look back. You want to feel comfortable, but with enough going on to keep you right on the edge of your seat. Our team is always growing, and we’re constantly shuffling up on the sofa to make room for the newest member of the Sofology family.
Founded over 30 years ago, we’re true sofa specialists. So much more than just a piece of furniture, we know that a sofa is the one thing that truly turns our customer’s houses into homes.There’s a lot at stake when it comes to guiding our customers to make the right choice for them - that’s why our customer journey is unique in the sofa market. That means no ‘ends next Sunday sales.