|Job Type:||Full Time|
Your main role will be to take the lead in covering the Scandinavian economies within the Western European Economic Research Team. That will involve following closely developments within your economies, data and information gathering and processing; high level macroeconomic modelling and statistical analysis; monitoring data releases and updating databases; producing written reports on special issues and presenting views to clients. The role will involve making a contribution within the team on discussions about key regional topics, and will include the opportunity to undertake some collaborate regional analysis alongside other members of the team. The role will also require offering support to our UK economics coverage.
- Undertake qualitative and quantitative analysis on Scandinavian economies;
- Supporting and contributing to economic analysis of the UK;
- Build, update, and streamline country and regional databases with rigorous attention to detail;
- Presenting views on the Scandinavian economy to internal and external clients, working in conjunction with the businesses on the latter;
- Contribute to written publications and presentations on the region;
- Monitor, analyse and forecast political and policy developments.
- Background in economics at the graduate level with Honours, Master’s degree or equivalent;
- Ability to read and speak in Swedish, knowledge of other Nordic languages would also be an advantage;
- Some experience deploying economics in a post-graduate context, for example as a researcher at a think tank, central bank, or financial institution;
- Research experience on Western European economies would be a strong advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of economic principles and statistics/econometrics;
- Excellent ability to work with spread sheets;
- Ability to synthesize and present complex information and ideas;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to work autonomously during periods when the team is busy;
- Ability to work as a team-player in an international environment.
This role encompasses the performance of UK regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting UK regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority to carry out such activities.