Role Title: Global Markets, Head of Digital Strategic Solutions, Director
Business: Global Banking
New or Existing Role? New
GCB Grade: 3 (GCB3/ GCB 3)
Head of Digital Strategic Solutions
This is a strategic role reporting into the Global Head of Institutional Sales and is responsible for setting the strategy, operating model and performance standards for digital offering both outside of the firm and internally.
Evolve is Global Market’s strategic distribution platform that aims to provide clients and sales with an integrated experience, with greater connectivity to our clients and with more sales efficiencies to enable them to service clients better.
As the market environment continues to evolve, it is important that our distribution and analytic capabilities are maximised to generate additional business, and/or help reduce the cost of doing that business, and are better aligned with Group strategies for balance sheet recycling
There is an opportunity for a senior individual to help define how we can build on, or leverage our existing platforms to further align with the current GM Strategy and Group Strategy and look for opportunities to provide better connectivity to our clients and provide better information to our sales teams across Institutional Sales.
- Lead, manage and develop the digital agenda
- Support the Global Head of Insitutional Sales in defining the short, medium and long term Digital Sales strategy and be accountable for delivering it globally
- Engage with stakeholders across the Global Business to translate strategy into effective global execution and implementation plans
- Coordinate closely with Trading, Distribution Platforms, Platform Origination, other Institutional Sales teams, Structuring teams and Product/Business Heads
- Work collaboratively to gain a collective view of Digital requirements, both internally and externally, across corportate and instutional, for prioritisation
- Identify and capture requirements and set appropriate targets, metrics and objectives for the business such as:
- Improve Risk Recycling by establishing effective and controlled information flow between Sales and Trading and with both Risk Transformation and Distribution and with Illiquid Credit Sales
- Maximize the distribution of our ESG offering, initially via content, and when applicable, by new product. Improve information flows and collaboration with the Group’s Sustainable Finance efforts.
- Ensure effective aggregation of demand and distribution of product to our Wealth clients in both WPB and GPB
- Increase client distribution around Fixed Income, Equity, Loan and GTRF products
- Provide SME support as Evolve embraces Fixed Income, Loans, Derivatives, Sustainable Finance, and equities
- Identify and maximise potential Digital synergies (e.g. systems, data, functionalities, marketing, cross-selling etc) across asset classes, countries and regions
- To focus on both the internal and external Digital experience, considering items such as CRM, Evolve, and the Asset Matching Portal, to help deliver efficiencies both for Sales and the client
- AMP/PPX, Management Information and Data, are key areas of focus
- Accountable for costs, budget management, controls and governance for Digital globally in coordination with the Digital team in Global Markets
- Effectively deploy human resources in the business, including effective succession planning, talent management, resourcing and performance management
- To stay current regarding market intelligence to ensure HSBC stays ahead of the curve re Digital Strategy and build out