|Job Type:||Full Time|
The availability of water, and the provision of adequate sewerage disposal, are vital to meet the ever-growing demands of development, population growth and climate change. We are passionate about providing solutions that help our clients to achieve a sustainable approach to growth, balancing environmental and societal needs. Our highly successful water consultancy business is servicing ever-increasing workloads from the domestic and international markets. As a result we have exciting opportunities for civil design engineers with strong water/wastewater industry experience to join our growing team in Reading. These positions can be offered on either a full-time or a part-time basis.
- You will join an innovative and motivated team of engineers, preparing outline and detailed civil engineering designs, producing technical and commercial specifications, drawings and schedules, working in close partnership with clients and contractors. You'll be responsible for:
- Leading a team to deliver designs for multi-disciplinary water or wastewater schemes
- Providing technical leadership to design staff working on projects within your batches of work
- Mentoring and developing less experienced staff and providing guidance to support their professional development
- Engaging positively with the Client to effectively manage relationships with them on a regular basis
- Coordinating with other disciplines, and, if of interest, project management
In terms of career progression, we can offer development in technical, management or commercial/client-facing directions, or a combination thereof - you will have control of your own career path. This role will present you with a fantastic opportunity to further develop your technical and management skills through your project work, with great prospects for career progression as the business continues to grow.