|Job Type:||Full Time|
Credit Technology is focussed on delivering best in class IT solutions to the Credit Trading business where JP Morgan is a market leader. We are a team of around 300 people globally that partner closely with the quant research group and face off directly to the trading desks. Our core strength is providing technical expertise and software development skills that directly affect the ability of our business to generate revenue and remain the dominant player in the market. We are committed to hiring the brightest and best technical experts and in return can offer roles with direct trading and quant interaction on projects from electronic and algorithmic trading to grid based computation of real-time risk metrics
We are looking to hire a Senior Associate level software engineer in London to be part of our Portfolio Trading and ETF technology team. The Portfolio and ETF trading business is a quickly growing and potentially highly profitable area, where technology can play a major role it is success. The candidate should be strongly motivated individual willing to continue promoting the existing collaborative team culture we have, are passionate about learning and want to do engineering right - to be able to tackle complex problems, to build resilient, scalable components that meet client needs, and to partner effectively with others across the world
What do we offer?
- A diverse, inclusive and flexible environment.
- Close partnership with the Credit Business including the possibility of co-locating on the trading floor sat with the business.
- Fast paced, dynamic environment with significant opportunities for career growth
- Cutting edge reactive programming paradigm that allows us to write asynchronous applications with greatly improved parallelism and concurrency.
- Fully automated, mature, true continuous deployment - where developers can push code in seconds from within the development environment.
- Expertise in at least one programming language.
- Creative, quick-thinking, pragmatic, with an aptitude for solving problems and an ability to quickly translate demands into sound technical requirements.
- Applied experience with object oriented languages and design patterns
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- The ideal candidate will likely be qualified to degree level in Computer Science, Maths or related science discipline
- Experience managing programs requiring collaboration across various teams and stakeholders
- Curiosity to learn the Credit business and products