|Location:||Bristol, Cheshire West and Chester, Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Greater London, Newport, West Yorkshire|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
End DateFriday 04 December 2020
Salary Range£64,090 - £80,112
Agile Working OptionsOther Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description SummaryWe're looking for a hardworking and intellectually curious person to be part of our Strategy, Risk and Support team to help make Group Internal Audit a phenomenal place to work. Group Internal Audit plays a very important role in helping keep the Group safe and secure and the Strategy, Risk and Support team play a pivotal role in supporting our Group Internal Audit colleagues be a leading internal audit function. We're looking for someone who through various roles and experiences can help us support and develop our teams to do what they need to in an efficient, effective and simple fashion, whilst navigating a constantly evolving environment.
The Quality Assurance (QA) team undertake assurance activities over the effectiveness of Group Internal Audit (GIA). We provide assurance over the completeness and accuracy of work, the quality of audit work and management of current and emerging risks. Our activities support and feed into GIA’s continuous improvement activities. Working closely with the Head of Audit QA the Senior Audit Manager QA will act as a Relationship Manager and Engagement Lead to deliver effective assurance over GIA, focussing on the Conduct Investigations (CI) team. You'll harness a deep understanding of GIA and CI strategy, controls and risks you'll provide professional, independent and outcome focused assurance on the efficiency of controls. As the Group’s third line of defence GIA expects to maintain the highest standards in relation to risk management. You'll have knowledge of internal auditing standards and experience in assessing or conducting investigations. You'll apply your risk judgement authoritatively when undertaking QA reviews to contribute to the continual development of GIA.
Delivering assigned QA assurance activities, your key accountabilities will include:
- Assessing GIA's efficiency in delivering quality audit and investigations work through key QA reviews – thematics, post and in-flight reviews.
- In delivering QA reviews support the roll out of Agile auditing approaches and the use of sophisticated data analytics including robotic processes and artificial intelligence.
- Provide timely and insightful reporting that identifies current and emerging risks, suggesting improvements to drive higher performance and sustained results.
- Support and contribute to continuous improvement activities to help embed and improve quality within GIA.
- Support in the implementation and embedding of GIA’s critical initiatives.
- Lead, empower, develop and collaborate within the QA and Strategy, Risk & Support teams, and across the wider function, maintaining relationships with important internal customers acting as their business partner, while taking mentorship from senior colleagues.
We're looking for you to:
- Audit (QA) - Applies expertise to act as the organisational authority on conducting audits (QA) identifying exceptions, and developing specific solutions or recommendations
- Review and Reporting - Applies extensive knowledge and skills to work independently while providing mentorship and training to others on reviewing and crafting relevant, coherent, and effective reports.
- Collaborates – Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives. Seeks out a broad range of perspectives to address issues.
- Communicates optimally – Develops and delivers communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences and their team.
- Instils trust – Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity. Is a role model for integrity and transparency, promoting trust in the organisation.
- Data Assessment – Uses extensive knowledge and skills to work independently while providing mentorship and training to others on analysing data from multiple sources to draw appropriate conclusions and make suitable recommendations.
- Business insight – Applies knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organisation's objectives. Understands the policies and other external factors affecting the organisation.
- Influences – Uses compelling arguments to gain the support and dedication of others. Brings tough internal and external negotiations to successful closure.
- Conduct Risk – Works independently and provides mentorship and training to others to enable balanced growth through consistently fair customer outcomes by understanding Conduct Risk and carrying out business in a way that avoids financial or reputational loss to the Group.
- Operational risk – Works independently and provides guidance and training to others on ensuring the minimisation of risk in the design of policies, procedures, processes and systems and creating practical, remedial steps to mitigate instances optimally.
- Project management - Uses extensive knowledge and skills to work independently managing projects within desired time and quality parameters.
- Ensures accountability - Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments. Helps the team learn from success, failure, and feedback. Adheres to, and supports others with goals, policies, and procedures.
Our Benefits Package
- A performance related bonus
- Generous pension contribution
- 30 Days leave plus bank holidays
- A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits
- Private health cover
- Wider corporate benefits and perks
Our continued commitment to helping Britain prosper means that as a colleague you can make a difference to customers, businesses and communities.
Together we have a key role to play in shaping the bank of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll continue to have opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture, and our approach to inclusion and diversity means that we all have the opportunity to make a real difference, together.
Together we make it possible!
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.