Role Title : Global Head of Tech Transformation & PPM, Wealth & Personal Banking IT
Location : London, Canada Square (8)
GCB : 2
- The Global Head of WPB Tech Transformation and PPM is responsible for leading the overall WPB Technology Transformation, providing a central PPM assurance function across WPB Tech and oversight of the CTB delivery portfolio (approx. $1bn). Accountable for the Strategy and CTA Investment + Benefits delivery for Avenir 2020/2021/2022 of approx $300m efficiency saves.
- Setting the strategy, vision and thought leadership to mature the tech ecosystem to become a strategic partner to the business and future proof WPB technology. Providing thought leadership to drive organizational agility across WPB technology and in the business to significantly step change the way WPB operates as an organization to deliver significant tangible and intangible benefits. Contributing to the broader organizational agility discussions in the bank and positioning WPB Technology as a key influencer in setting the organizational agility agenda + strategy. Working with the Group Technology Agile WOO teams and Tech GBGFs. Acting as an advisor, thought leader on organizational agility along with contributing design artefacts for reuse in wider technology and the business.
- Leading the broader tech transformation agenda to change the way we deliver technology to focus more on our end customer. Developing and embedding a technology operating model which will simplify the solutions we offer by focusing on global solution delivery to local needs, enabling greater re-use across markets while still tailoring where we need to for our most important customers and speed up the time it takes for WPB to build and launch new products. Developing a culture that will empower our people to make good decisions and harness their enthusiasm to get the job done, requiring changes to how business, digital and transformation teams across the entire organisation work with technology.
- The role will be a member of the WPB Tech Executive Committee and will partner with the rest of the Exco and WPB Business to improve customer experience, operational efficiency and speed to market. This will involve a redesign of the technology operating model, ways of working, e2e delivery optimization and processes as we mature through the agile journey along with leading people + culture agenda increasing capability of our 13500 people.
- Leading on the re-design of the PPM function to align to a simplified reporting structure and Agile operating model. Setting up best practice across the PPM population ~1000FTE to support the delivery of the technology solutions in an agile + lean way.
- Representing WPB technology in the WPB Escalation and Enablement Forum to ensure WPB technology is positioned to respond to business BAU CTB issues.
- This role requires strong influencing skills and will be required to offer strategic partnership, working closely with the Business, Transformation & Innovation and WPB Tech Exco to ensure consistency of practice on adoption of Agile WOO. The role will require very strong stakeholder management and Group wide collaboration, manage ambiguity, expectations and provide appropriate challenge and direction to the WPB Tech Exco to create simplification, cost effectiveness, and efficiencies across the delivery portfolio.
- The role will involve leading teams both functional and virtual across multiple geographies within WPB tech in support of the overall transformation agenda to mature the technology ecosystem and enabling technology to focus on customer + business outcomes.
- Provide strong leadership across the function, manage diverse stakeholders in different technology lines and regions.
- Manage changing priorities across the matrix in a challenging environment whilst staying true to the values and strategy of the Group.
- Able to cut through red tape and deliver complex, large-scale transformation to plan.
- Manage resources to ensure the team are highly skilled within an environment of continuous learning and engagement.
- Create a sense of urgency, pace and collaboration across the Transformation function and with stakeholders in technology and the global business leadership teams.
- The dynamics of the global technology function, in an ever changing environment, should be fully understood and accommodated. In particular the requirement to deliver year on year cost efficiency and customer focused quality requires a sophisticated understanding of what levers will drive improvement results
- Transformation is the primary change partner to support the implementation of the WPB IT strategy.
- PPM is the primary central assurance function within WPB IT
- The role holder will formulate and implement the strategy plan for the Transformation function in collaboration with WPB IT, Group Technology, and WPB strategy.
- The role holder will also be required to make decisions on Transformation priorities, operating costs and financial control in collaboration with technology stakeholders.
- Must be able to proactively overcome obstacles to success, so as to deliver change at pace.
- Strong alignment to HSBC values and conduct
- The role holder will lead a Global Transformation and PPM team.
- Monitoring and assurance for the $1.1bn + GPB VSIP
- Lead WPB agile ways of working
- Streamline and re-engineer the WPB PPM function - ~650 federated roles globally
- Management of the agile transformation deliverables and outcomes for WPB
- Drive alignment and transformation across WPB IT
- Main location: UK, Hong Kong, India, China and Poland
Headcount reporting to this role Direct: 7