|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who we are
FirstGroup plc is a leading provider of transport services in the UK and North America. During the last year around 2 billion passengers relied on us to get to work, to school or college, to visit family and friends and much more. Each day every one of our 100,000 employees works hard to deliver vitally important services for our customers.
FirstGroup plc welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. We aspire to be a diverse and inclusive organisation because we believe that diversity brings benefits for our customers, communities and our people. Valuing our differences and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience helps us develop new services, open up new markets and broaden our customer base.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Information Security Governance Manager to join our team on a 12 month FTC. The role will primarly be home based, but may require some travel to our London based offices.
You will be responsible for maintaining and developing information governance practices, working closely with various departments across the Group including legal & IT to embed security, privacy, and data management principles into their BAU operations. As an Information Security team member, you will provide a coordinating role between information creators and users and to encourage security and privacy by design.
Key responsibilities of the role will include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that information governance is addressed as a business issue.
- Responsible for coordinating initiatives and conducting risk and business impact assessments and ensuring integration of the outputs into day-to-day business activities. E.g. change, contracts, supplier reviews, information management and project governance.
- Develop with the CISO and colleagues a strategic plan to achieve information governance aims and requirements, and ensure key stakeholders and teams are fully engaged within their roles and responsibilities.
- Responsible for information security incident response procedures, audits and testing.
- Provision of in-depth information governance and protection expertise and assurance.
- Assess new and change information projects to ensure governance needs are identified, reviewed and met.
The successful applicant will have a good working knowledge of applicable industry standards including PCI, Data Protection, ISO and Cyber Essentials. Strong communication skills are vital, and you must display high credibility, discretion, and integrity when working with senior managers and stakeholders.
You will be familiar with governance within an enterpirse environment, and posess excellent stakeholder engagement skills. The ability to build relationships, gather information and achieve results, all whilst gaining buy in from the key stakeholders is also required.
What you'll get in return
- Minimum of 10% contribution to your Pension (5% employer and 5% employee)
- 25 days Holiday plus National Bank Holidays
- Travel Offers for Bus and Rail*
- Free Bus Travel on your local FirstGroup Operated Network
- Payroll Giving – donate directly from your pay to a Charity of your Choice
- Shopping Discounts including discounts and cashback on electrical goods, your weekly shop, holidays, cinema trips, car insurance, upgrading your mobile and lots more
- All employee Share Schemes*
- Save as You Earn - gives you the opportunity to save a regular amount each month for three years. At the end of the savings period, you can use your savings to buy shares at a discounted price set at the start of the Scheme, or take your savings as cash.
- Buy as You Earn - allows you to buy shares each month, with 2 free ‘matching' shares for each 3 shares you buy. You can vary the amount you save, or stop it at any time. You need to participate in the scheme for at least 3 years in order to receive the matching shares.
- Employee Assistance Helpline – free, confidential employee support service provided by an independent provider
*after 6 months of employment