The Commercial Portfolio team are “the passion behind the product portfolio, acting to anticipate and exceed customer’s expectations, to enable them to advance their research”. To do this Abcam makes reagents as well as having a network of selected suppliers to help support scientific discovery.
This is an exciting opportunity for a visionary individual to reshape Abcam’s OEM supply base for the next decade of growth. The successful candidate will work closely with colleagues in Portfolio, Research Area, Quality, Innovation, Purchasing, Abcam Digital, Regional Marketing and Sales to deliver above market growth from Abcam’s OEM portfolio. They should be a driven self-starter with strong leadership skills, as well as possessing the necessary experience and know-how to engage suppliers and customers.
Managing the existing supply base
- Define which suppliers Abcam should partner with, grow, maintain, decline and remove
- Executing supplier segmentation, building partnerships and having the tough conversations
- Leading and managing project teams for product and supplier rationalisation
Engaging the next generation of OEM suppliers
- As science evolves, so will Abcam’s OEM supply base. This role will need to identify customer trends and needs and identify which OEM suppliers can deliver those needs, assuming Abcam cannot
- Identifying and implementing new business models, beyond a “Standard OEM agreement” that adds long term value for Abcam and OEM supplier creating genuine partnerships
- Answering the question, what role is OEM going to play in Abcam’s business model in 5-10 years?
- Creating and securing support for long term business agenda for supply development
- Minimum of a master’s degree in biological-science field, a PhD is preferable
- Significant product management, customer or supplier facing experience
- Experience of leading cross functional teams to deliver results
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- High level of analytical and numerical skills
- Proven track record of delivery in a fast-paced environment
- Results focused
- Robust and resilient with the inner strength to deal with challenging situations
- Dynamic personality, with an open communication style
- Great customer and supplier facing skills
- Ability to lead and motivate international cross function teams
- Credible at a senior level, internally and externally
- Comfortable with a flexible working environment and being flexible to meet demands of the role
- High level of integrity and ethics
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.