|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The Intraday Liquidity team within the Banking Technology group of the Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is looking for a passionate Java Technical Lead for the innovative, externally facing Intraday Insight application through Pilot to Generally Availability. More specifically, the role entails: definition of application architecture & design; agreeing integration solutions with partner technology teams; technical lead for team comprising of local and remote software engineers; and line management of local resources.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to tailor communications for different audiences, ranging from senior business to junior technology staff.
- Experience of performing hands-on technical leadership and mentoring with respect to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including but not limited to: refinement of requirements, estimation & planning, platform design & implementation, test & deployment automation, and platform resiliency & support.
- Diverse architecture and design experience with respect to the Java impleementation of full-stack applications, with Java MicroServices backend
- A balanced approach to build vs re-use of technology in order to deliver the required outcomes.
- A desire to work on an Agile project, with a focus on applying Lean techniques to maximize time spent delivering benefit.
- Experience of working collaboratively within a globally diverse team.
Technical expertise includes:
- A strong hand-on experience of implementing Java MicroServices.
- Experience of the infrastructure & application design required to implement a secure, scalable, and robust end user application.
- A passion for understanding the business domain, and translating this into a clean data models.
- Experience of Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery technologies and best practices.