|Job Type:||Full Time|
EMEA CEM-RATES MIDDLE OFFICE
A Middle Office role in the Investment Bank providing first-line support for the EMEA CEM Rates business and acting as a key point of contact for downstream groups. The role involves working with all aspects of derivative products from a risk, PnL and trade management perspective.
CEM RATES Middle Office:
The role involves the day to day operational support to the EMEA CEM Rates trading desks and provides the opportunity to learn about Emerging Markets. The Middle Office is key to ensuring the timely and accurate capture of business transactions, systematically managing product complexity, report on the subsequent risks resulting from these transactions and the resolution of queries and / or breaks.
The responsibilities of the Middle Office can be summarized under two main areas – Trade Management and Risk Management, the generic responsibilities for which are described below:
- Act as the primary control over the accurate capture of the business’ transactions in the Risk Management System
- Analyse and verify Risk and P&L for transactions traded during each day
- Monitor and manage all trade events throughout the lifecycle of the transactions
- Prompt and accurate resolution of any trade related issues
- Liaise with Marketing support and downstream groups / stakeholders
- Ensure all business aligned controls are checked and verified in a timely manner
- Investigation and resolution of exceptions. Have the ability to liaise with key stakeholders at all levels
- Investigate and resolve P&L and Risk queries from Front Office Trading and Sales teams
- Produce Risk and P&L impact analysis resulting from modelling or analytical changes
- Conduct stress testing scenarios for Trading and Market Risk
The Middle Office team are required to develop an intensive understanding of the desk’s business and transactions and provide the above support.
We are looking for candidates to join the Middle Office team who display drive and enthusiasm, who are highly numerate, work well as part of a team and have strong communication and prioritization skills.
Some specific skills that we would be looking for candidates to possess include:
- Product knowledge – Understanding of Derivative products
- Vanilla Products: Swaps, XCCY Swaps
- Risk – Understanding of risk profiling
- PnL - Understanding of trading PnL and key drivers
- Understanding of risk types – Market, operational, settlement, credit, legal and reputational
- Systems skills – Understanding of risk management and reporting systems, straight through processing, Excel/Access is certainly helpful
- Problem solving – Developing and implementing solutions to often complex issues
- Control –Understanding and implementing the control framework to mitigate risk through the transaction lifecycle
- Projects - Assisting in the delivery of tactical and strategic systems / process solutions
- Networking and the bank-wide perspective – Understanding the needs of other groups and the importance of relationship building through extensive interaction.
As a group, we pay particular attention to career development. There are opportunities for people to develop their skill set by moving through the groups within the overall Rates business and JPMorgan as a whole. This is driven by a combination of business need and personal preference and forms an integral part of the development / appraisal cycle