|Job Type:||Full Time|
Due to expanding workload we are looking to recruit an Arboricultural Technician to join our landscape team, working primarily in the north west. As the arboriculturalist you will be working within a multi-disciplinary team (including engineers, landscape architects and ecologists) on a wide range of building and engineering infrastructure projects. Recent projects and clients include the Heathrow Expansion Project, HS2, Nottingham Express Transit Phase 2 (new tramway); Priority School Building Programme; The Environment Agency; Seven Trent Water; Thames Water, Southern Water and Highways England
Principal responsibilities/key duties:
- Undertake tree surveys for construction projects (to BS 5837:2012)
- Undertake Health and Safety Tree Surveys - Visual Tree Assessments (VTA); disease diagnosis; Quantified Tree Risk Assessment (QTRA)
- Undertake aerial tree inspections for bat potential
- Prepare arboricultural survey reports, arboricultural impact assessments and arboricultural method statements
- Liaise with a broad range of clients to agreed programmes and deadlines
- Provide advice covering a broad range of arboricultural issues for internal and external clien
- Provide support to ecological team e.g. undertake occasional surveys during peak season
- You would hold Membership of a relevant professional body e.g. Arboricultural Association.
- A recognised qualification in arboriculture e.g. Higher National Diploma (HND), Higher National Certificate (HNC), Technical Certificate in Arboriculture (AA Tech Cert), National Diploma (ND), Foundation Degree or Honours Degree or a combination of an environmental related degree and specific qualification in arboriculture.
- National Certificate (NC), which would have covered tree survey techniques and provide an understanding of risk identification in line with tree condition surveys.
In addition, you will also be required to have:
- Good communication skills, must be concise and effective at communicating ideas in a professional manner. Experience using project management software and techniques desirable. Ability to use software for recording data using handheld devices
- Excellent tree identification skills
- Knowledge of common pests and diseases in the UK
- Tree Climbing and Aerial Rescue (CS38 and CS39 qualifications)
- Experience in tree surveys and inspections especially BS5837:2012
- Full UK driving licence
Mott MacDonald is a global management, engineering and development consultancy. With a £1bn business spanning 140 countries with over 16000 staff in sectors such as transport, energy, buildings, water and the environment, health and education and industry and communications.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.