|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a Depot Manager based at Ashford you will lead and direct a team of Conductors. Our Conductors play a key role in providing customer service and a safe travel environment to our passengers on our trains. Leading and supporting the team to achieve workforce and productivity targets will be critical to success in the role.
This is a varied role that will see you out on the network working with Conductors to ensure that they are supported in their role, identifying development opportunities and working closely with other management to ensure that the Depot meets financial and performance targets.
The Ideal Candidate
- Will have a proven track record of line management experience with a large workforce.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to work with demanding budgetary and productivity targets.
- Be experienced in managing and planning manpower levels arranging recruitment and selection as appropriate.
- Will have a commercial awareness, understanding financial principals.
- Engaging and motivating in your approach to people and tasks to ensure that organisational goals are met and that team members feel valued.
- Ability to deal with and establish rapport with different types of customers and colleagues- actively finding solutions to problems that occur.
- Able to effectively communicate in both written and verbal forms, where necessary negotiating and influencing people to ensure that expectations, goals and targets are met.
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern is one of the busiest commuter rail companies in the UK running more than 2,000 trains, and carrying nearly 600,000 passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex.
Just over 4,500 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
London & Southeastern Railway