|Job Type:||Full Time|
At GoCardless, we’re passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they and their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 55,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce and Quickbooks, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
We’re headquartered in the UK, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners and Notion Capital. Over 400 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their career.
The Compliance Operations team is a part of GoCardless’ Risk Organisation and we play a critical role in helping to protect and grow the company!
We’re a team that is always busy, working through large volumes of customer signups, conducting CDD/EDD reviews on customer accounts, improving the way we do things and navigating all of the complex challenges that come with being a fast-growing business.
We’re focused on customer experience, speed and quality. We have challenging KPIs that we work hard to deliver against, and a growing, changing market to serve as GoCardless expands across the globe.
- Using your language skills, you will mainly apply your focus on our French market where we have a rapidly growing customer base
- This will be a remote role until further notice but normally based out of our London office
- Hours will be from 9.00 am - 06.00 pm (Mon - Fri)
Key responsibilities will include:
- Assessing sign-ups and identifying high-risk customers for further review
- Making customer onboarding decisions by reviewing KYC documentation
- Supporting our customers through robust written communication
- Performing PEPs, Sanction and Adverse Media screening and eliminating or confirming alert matches
- Reviewing customer account monitoring alerts
- Conducting enhanced reviews on high-risk customers
What we're looking for
- You have a minimum of one year’s compliance (AML/KYC) experience working in a similar role
- You must have the ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- You take pride in having strong attention to detail and always see tasks through to completion
- You have a tremendous sense of urgency tempered by the ability to keep calm under pressure
- You understand the importance of anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing
- Equally, you’re conscious of the customer experience and explaining our requirements effectively
- You have flawless written and verbal communication skills and are happy to support customers via email or over the phone
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us and we welcome applications from those with disabilities and from under-represented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring and onboarding process we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field and continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active ‘employee resource groups’ (such a BEAM and Rainbow) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage and inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave and pension packages. You’ll also receive equity, because we believe having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
The COVID-19 pandemic has seen everybody at GoCardless shift to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do into 2021. We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally we offer support to maintain wellbeing and comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments and a range of remote social activities you can dip in and out of whenever you fancy.