|Job Type:||Full Time|
As an experienced Java Development Lead or Software Engineer Lead, your mission will be to join our inspiring team of innovators and technologists creating innovative modern software to advance our business. We are looking for people who are passionate about solving business problems through the delivery of high quality cloud-centric software embracing modern software practices and technology. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
You will be tasked with keeping the team and key stakeholders up-to-speed on what is being developed, as well as how it will benefit our clients on our market leading digital platform and our internal private bankers and advisors. Your quest to embrace end-to-end software development will be key as we continue to move the Asset and Wealth Management (AWM) Technology organization at the forefront of industry-leading technology. Best of all, you will be able to harness the massive amount of innovation and thought leadership of our global team of technologists from around the world.
This role is in our Glasgow location and we are looking to build out a brand new team in the UK to offer Credit to our Ultra High Net Worth and High Net Worth private banking client base. We are excited about building out our Credit platform for the Global Private Bank focused on our business goals of:
- Enhancing Client and Banker experience via Digital channels and in-house systems
- Improving platform scalability through automation, STP and machine learning
- Maintain regulatory and control focus on credit risk
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Significant experience in Java software development leading small local development teams primarily from Java and React backgrounds.
- Experience in design, build and troubleshooting large scale distributed systems based on Java.
- Experience of using Agile practices like Scrum, Jira, TDD, BDD, DevOps or Continuous Integration.
- Experience of new and emerging technologies such as Cloud Computing.
- Experience of highly scalable and highly available systems.
- Ability to work in large, collaborative global teams to achieve organisational goals.
- Desire to learn new technologies like Machine Learning/AI.