|Location:||Brighton and Hove|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Mott MacDonald's Water Consultancy Division provides water and waste water services to numerous high-profile clients, both in the UK and around the world. We are looking to grow our water and environment services to water utilities, local authorities and the Environment Agency in the South East region, and in support of this aim we seek to employ an experienced senior engineer with knowledge and skills in mechanical design from feasibility to detailed stages, asset condition assessments, construction supervision, project management and supporting business development through our Account Leads.
For more information about our Environment sector click here
For more information about our Water sector click here
We are looking to expand our team with the addition of a Senior Mechanical Engineer.
You will assist in the preparation of outline, detailed and final engineering designs, working alongside a diverse multidisciplinary team of mechanical, civil, electrical and process engineers in both non-infrastructure and infrastructure as well as with other sectors. This appointment will provide you with an excellent opportunity to use and further develop your technical skills, with fantastic long-term potential to advance your career in a highly innovative and collaborative environment. The role will include supporting the regions Lead MEICA engineers in the working with our clients and providing MEICA expertise across the south.
To be successful in this role we would like to hear from candidates with the following;
- Degree-qualified mechanical engineer (preferably Chartered)
- Experience of undertaking mechanical design including pump hydraulics, equipment selection, plant layouts, working with client specifications and working with national standards.
- Experience with clients in the water industry and/or, local authorities and/or the Environment Agency.
- Ideally have experience of sludge treatment and biogas use.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good motivation, enthusiastic and personable
- Ability to work independently as well as with a group, leading or supporting the lead.