Last updated 3 days ago
Join Abcam as a Logistics Technician
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs. It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus and a culture focused on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.
About the role:
The role of Logistics Technician works as part of a diverse team responsible for receiving, storing, and shipping scientific products to leading researchers around the world.
Working within a fast-paced environment, collaborating with logistics colleagues to ensure scientists achieve their mission faster, this key role will support our product processing internally and externally.
Abcam continues to grow at pace and requires a person with the skills and experience in this domain to ensure the Logistics function is continually positioned for sustainable growth. Our culture is one of innovation and responsibility, with everyone working together to shape the direction the department is heading in.
The logistics team is responsible for receiving, processing and storing sensitive biological stock which is then shipped across the world to our internal and external customers.
Role and responsibilities:
- Receiving stock from our global production facilities, prioritising products for processing into automated storage systems
- Picking stock for customers, testing samples to ensure they meet our strict quality criteria and preparing orders for our global customer base
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment with high attention to detail
- Able to adapt to a changing environment
- Proven experience of working to deadlines
- Professional, can-do spirit
- Able to work with a diverse team towards a common goal
- Computer literate (including Excel)
- Great time management and organisational skills
- Previous experience in a fast-paced environment (such as restaurant, warehouse or manufacturing group)
- Comfortable with this role involving standing 60 to 100% of the time
- When provided with insulated clothing as part of health and safety measures, you should be able to spend up to 20 minutes in a freezer environment
Desired qualifications and qualities:
- Previous experience in a scientific environment would be advantageous
Abcam has recently moved to a new global headquarters on the Cambridge Biomedical Campus a site which combines world-class biomedical research, patient care and education on a single site, and is on track to become one of the leading biomedical centres in the world by 2020. The new building will house a state-of-the-art lab and office space along with new and improved facilities for staff. Read more about our new office here.
Inclusion & Diversity:
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.